fifty one

CHAPTER FIFTY ONETIME STONES

CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
TIME STONES

[ AVENGERS: END GAME ]

"Okay, so the how works

"Okay, so the how works." Steve started off their little history lesson as everyone forced themselves into the briefing room while screens filled with the images of the six infinity stones took their attention. "Now, we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six infinity stones."

"Or substitute the word "encounter" for "damn near been killed" by one of the six infinity stones." Tony added, giving Antares a pointed looked.

"Well I haven't, but I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott offered in his penny worth. Antares had noticed that the man seemed to put himself into topics that wasn't needed.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each." Banner added. "And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?" Tony sighed.

"Which means we have to pick our targets." Barton commented.

"Correct." Tony pointed at the standing archer.

Antares leaned back in her chair as an orange cat leaped into her lap, causing the god -who had once been leaning on the arm of her chair- to lean the other way, glowering at the orange fluffball. The girl patting its soft fur as she listened.

"So, let's start with the Aether." Steven concluded, turning towards the blonde god. "Thor, what do you know?"

Antares crained her head back while Loki turned around, everyone watching as Thor slept with a bear in one hand and the other hand partially tucked into the lip of his sweat pants. Shades covered his eyes so they couldn't see his eyes closed.

"Is he asleep?" Nat asked.

"No, no." Rhodes spoke up, amusement in his voice, "I'm pretty sure he's dead."