𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟷 - 𝙼𝚊𝚣𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚃𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎

Yesterday night had been great, everyone enjoyed themselves. It was a memorable event that everyone smiled to when thinking about it. Maybe that's why breakfast was a little more peaceful than usual. 

When eating breakfast, Y/N and Jimin had explained about their wish for how the New Year plans would go and without a doubt, Ms. Han and Shinjae agreed. After they had finished eating and helped clean up as they usually would, Y/N and Jimin made their way to her new workplace. "Maze of Taste" was the name of the cafe where Y/N would newly start to work.

"Hehe, what a cute name that is..." she giggled as they made their way inside with their hands intertwined. They were met by a kind-looking middle-aged-looking man with greyish hair. "Oh, hello, you must be Mr. Lee, Jimin has told me a lot about how great of a boss you are," Jimin almost cackled at her words, she was trying to make a good first impression...

"Ah, yes! I'm Lee Bok-Chu, the owner of this amazing cafe! Welcome, welcome!" he chimed, "Here is your uniform," Mr. Lee handed her a yellow polo-shirt along with a matching yellow hat and a black waist-apron. "You can wear any type of long pants you want. For example, your denim jeans are perfectly fine! Alright, go ahead and change, Jimin show her the girl's changing room." 

"Thank you, I'll work hard!" she bowed before being dragged away by Jimin. They walked over the counter into the staff room. It was really big and contained two white doors which could be distinguished by the pink female-drawing on the right side and the blue male-drawing on the other. 

"Go ahead and change, I'll go as well!" he smiled before entering the boy's changing room. After five minutes, Jimin had finished changing and hid outside the staff room, waiting to prank Y/N.

"Jimin, I'm done!" Y/N announced, pushing the door of the changing room open. Jimin, who was hiding outside, snickered in anticipation. "Are you done? Or are you not?" she mumbled to herself, making her way outside of the staff room.

"BOO!"

"SHIT!" she gasped while grabbing her chest, but quickly let go of it as she realized what was actually going on, "Correction, you little shit!" Y/N kicked him in the shin as he was still crouching down near the staff room with an idiotic smile upon his face. 

"Ouch!" he squeaked, caressing the part pf his leg that was hit.

"What are you guys doing? Come on, come on! Get to work you two!" Mr. Lee commanded in a fake-angry tone as he pointed towards the counter. "First of all, Jimin go ahead and turn the tablet around, so people will read 'open' instead of 'closed', come on!"

"That's so old-fashioned," Jimin smiled cheekily before turning the wooden plate around and standing beside Y/N, arranging the cakes into the fridge and all the ingredients for the drinks. 

'Ding dong'

The doorbell rang, signalling that a customer had stepped into the cafeteria. But it wasn't just a costumer, it was four of them. Jimin smiled at Y/N, signalling her to approach them, so she did after returning him the cute grin. "Hello, are you all together? Would you like to take a seat at that table for four?" she asked politely as she pointed a four-people table near the window.

"Yes, thank you." one of the four young men gave her a smile. The man who had just spoken to her was really handsome, not that the other three weren't, and he seemed like a man in his late twenties. He had black hair and broad shoulders, showing his perfect teeth as he smiled at Y/N while she led them to their table.

"Okay... I'm a new worker at this lovely cafe, so I hope I can receive some feedback about my service on my first day. Please call me when you are ready to order," Y/N moved away from their table and passed near Jimin who was showing her two thumbs-up. "Thanks!" she whispered with a giggle before getting a hold of the note-pad and pen placed onto the counter.

"Okay, Miss, we are ready," the black-haired man that spoke to her earlier raised his hand, calling for Y/N's attention. She cutely jogged over to them, fixing her cap as she stepped right in front of their table.

"Yes?" she chimed, ready to write down their orders as an exciting feeling made her heart skip a beat. 

"I'll have a double espresso, so I don't die in my late-twenties..." Y/N snickered at the guy's joke, making his emotionless face lighten up. He had green-minty hair and gave off a very serious aura. "And a... what is this?" the mysterious-looking man pointed at a picture of a cherry pie on the menu.

"This is a cherry pie, sir. It is served along with whipped cream, but it's also available in other tastes such as apple, raspberry and blueberry. Which one would you prefer?"

"I'll have the blueberry pie with the life-saving double-espresso, thank you, Pretty waitress," he winked, making Y/N blush as he closed his menu. What no one realized, was that Jimin was staring at them all with a very unhappy expression, yet he didn't react. He didn't want to be dramatic or annoyingly overprotective. Which of course didn't mean he would stop glaring at them... 

"Haha! Thank y-you... Um... w-what would you like, sir?" she stammered while trying to get over the mysterious guy's comment as she pointed at the one who had spoken to her before anyone.

"I will have hot green tea, just one cup please with this 'Ham & Cheese' sandwich. Thank you," Y/N nodded, writing down his order before another one with blue hair spoke up with his deep voice, smiling at her.

"For me a Latte with two chocolate and one strawberry-flavoured Macarons. Thanks!"

"And I would like to have a Caramel-Macchiato with a walnut brownie. Thank you!" the last one with purple hair said before collecting everyone's menus and handing them to her.

"Alright everything's noted down, your order will be here soon!" Y/N dashed away to pass the orders to Jimin before the both of them got themselves to work. "Hey, I did well, did I? Right? Right?" she asked, bouncing cutely while filling the small, white, porcelain cup with the mysterious guy's double-expresso.

"Yeah, you flirted with them very well!" Jimin clapped sarcastically, using an overly faked sweet tone.

"Oh come on! That is not true! Shouldn't you appreciate them for treating me nicely? One of them even complimented me..." Y/N smiled shyly, recalling once again that mysterious guy who called her 'pretty waitress' and winked at her.

"Yeah, definitely! I should go over to their table and thank them for flirting with you, right? Right? Maybe I should even get on my knees in front of the green-haired dude to express my gratitude for ruining my mood." he said mockingly.

"Wow... you are really terrible when you get jealous..." she joked.

To be continued...

Author-nim's Note:

[Don't worry, if my descriptions weren't good enough, you'll find out soon who the four boys are haha! Happy New Year everyone!]

Published Date: 20th December 2020

[Edited Date: 1st of January 2021]

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜