CH. 11

He was sitting behind his desk with his chin resting on his palm with a grinning face. He kept staring at the curious little thing in his study. She was sitting on a large chair that engulfed her body swinging her legs back and force, she moved her head from one corner to the other studying the place surrounding her. After a moment a knock sounded behind the door. "Come in." With a still smiling face Darkon gave an order to the maid to put the pastries and sweets in front of Argentina. And just like he thought Argentina's eyes sparkled at the different types of pastries that she bowed to the maid who smiled at Argentina and moved away. Once the maid was out of the study closing the door with a click did Argentina begin eating with enthusiasm, her cheeks puffing to the amazing taste that invaded her taste buds.

Darkon was holding himself from laughing at her. He cleared his throat and moved to sit next to the chair she was sitting on. Seconds to minutes passed and Argentina still kept eating. "Do you like the food?" Darkon asked with twinkling eyes.

"Yesh itsh delshious." She gulped and said it again when she noticed Darkon holding himself from laughter. "Ahm. Sorry, yes it's delicious." She wiped her mouth noticing how impolite she looked right now, but how can someone be polite when he doesn't know when will be the next time they will eat.

"I came here to..." before she continued Darkon tilted his head with a cheeky grin and answered her, "...you agreed." He was overjoyed. Not one time did he fail on anything and he felt that the time he knew that girl, he would fail for the first time. He was actually on edge cause he didn't know how to read her.

Argentina narrowed her eyes at him and contemplated if she should tell him that she actually agreed to be a guardian, but since he looked so cocky and she still didn't know what a guardian was she misdirected her approach. "...no, I came here to know what a guardian is. I still don't know what I am getting myself into." Darkon's grinning seized to a slight smile when he heard her answer.

"How old were you again?"

"I am twelve years old. I told you before." She smiled at his question. She loved being said that she was beyond her age. Sometimes she hated that because the kids at the orphan thought of her as peculiar or boring. They didn't know that she wanted to play like them, run like them or even cry like them. She learned the crulety of the world much early on, but she still knew that there were good people around her.

"Okay, Follow me" he smirked and stood up walking to the door and opening it waiting to the side putting his arm in display, "ladies first..." he winked at her making her giggle before walking with a fake haughty look, making a quick courtesy and running away from the door like a cheeky child making Darkon run after her to catch her from the collar of her worn out dress. On the watchful eyes of maids and guards.

Darkon walked to the training grounds with folded hands behind his back, Argentina walked looking left and right to the beautiful anterior of the castle, there were decorations everywhere from the sparkling curtains to the natural view from the enormous windows that extended from above the floor to the ceiling, she was looking at the outside as they walked and the view transitioned from flowers, gardens and fountains to rocks, sand and training dolls and weapons everywhere. They paused at the entrance to the training ground to make Argentina's eye bulge from the amount of guards training and fighting. Swords, sweat and groans filled the place making her gulp.

"This place is the glory for every person protecting the kingdom..." from a cheeky, playful person Darkon sounded mature and proud as he gazed at the efforts his army and colleagues that fought beside him.

"Is that how being a guardian is like?" The two of them were standing next to each other watching , observing and admiring how strong they were. Darkon smiled a faint smile that didn't reach his eyes. "A guardian is similar but quite different too, you train by using your fists, intellects and wits. But, what differs from being a guardian is how strong your mind is." He was explaining with utmost focus.