24 | wonderful morning

┏━━━━━━━━┓

Morning blues

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Talia woke up in the morning to something tickling her neck

Talia woke up in the morning to something tickling her neck. Talia sleepily opened her eyes to find that Kol was wrapped around her. Talia flinched. Why was he in her room? Talia slowly craned her neck up and saw she was actually in Kol's room. Kol's arm was wrapped around her middle. His head was buried in her hair, mouth at her neck. That would explain the tickling. His deep even breaths fluttered on her body.

Talia slowly worked to get out of his embrace. Talia moved his arm off of her and slunk out of bed. She moved the pillow she was laying on under his arm. Talia watched as Kol curled around the pillow.

Talia quietly walked out of Kol's room and back into hers. Talia quickly hopped into the shower. She only had an hour before they had to leave. Talia poured shampoo into her palms and lathered her hair. How the hell did she end up in Kol's room this morning? She doesn't recall going in there last night. Talia was creeped out. And her dreams . . . Those were not natural dreams. Someone gave them to her. They had an undertone of warning to them. She knew it wasn't Kol. It had to be either Elijah or Niklaus. Talia would ask Elijah later. They were spending almost ten to eleven days with only themselves and a grumpy hunter. Talia's thoughts strayed back to Kol as she rinsed her hair. What was with him? He was starting to scare her. After Jayden- No. Do not go there Talia Young. Talia scolded herself. While Kol was a bit psychotic, he was nothing like Jayden. Talia grabbed her body wash and started scrubbing her skin. Talia let her mind drift over to Matty. She hoped Matty was staying with Jordan. She wondered when Matty would come here. Probably after the whole Silas thing. Talia rinsed again and reached for her conditioner. Talia combed the slick cream through the strands of her hair. Talia let it sit for a while then rinsed it out. Talia did one final spin through the spray and stepped out of the shower.

Talia forced herself to not think of Kol as she dressed and grabbed her backpack. She was successful until Talia descended the stairs to see the rest of the siblings were downstairs waiting to send them off. Kol wasn't with them. Talia's thoughts snapped to worry. Was he okay?

"Don't have too much fun, Love." Niklaus pulled her into a tight hug. "Don't make him cry again, or like Elijah said, you won't be welcome here." Nik whispered so low in her ear it was like he wasn't speaking at all.

Talia blinked back tears. She pasted on a fake smile as she pulled away.

Rebekah was next. "I thought you might need this." Rebekah placed a small device with headphones into her palm.

Talia looked down and gasped. It was an iPod. Talia threw her arms around Rebekah's neck. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I was worried I would have to spend the flight with nothing to do."

Rebekah laughed. "I doubt Elijah or the hunter would appreciate that."

Talia smiled through the pain she felt. "What songs are on here?" Talia fiddled with the music player.

"You said you didn't have a preference so we all put a little of our favorites on there. I put some pop. Nik put some Jazz. Elijah put some classical and Kol put some rock on it. Where is Kol by the way?" Rebekah looked around.

"I heard my name." Kol's sleep roughened voice came from upstairs. Kol came down the stairs and stood in front of Talia.

Talia blushed and looked away. Kol was only wearing sleep pants. His bare chest was mere feet from Talia. "See you later Talia." Kol pulled Talia into his body for a hug goodbye. Talia half heartedly resisted him. Kol was stronger though. "You might be avoiding me, but we will talk when you get back. Enjoy the music, darling. I put some of my favorite songs on there." Kol kissed Talia's forehead and released her at Elijah's insistent look.

Talia's cheeks were on fire. Talia hurriedly scooped up her backpack. "Remember, no getting yourselves killed. I won't be here to save you. Nik, keep an eye on Rebekah and Kol." Talia hesitated a little when she said her mate's name. Talia's eyes flicked to Kol's amused ones and, just as quick, dropped back to the floor.

Elijah cleared his throat. "I think they get it Miss Young. We are over a thousand years old."

Talia wrinkled her nose. "I prefer Miss Talia. Miss Young makes me feel like a school teacher."

Elijah opened the front door. "Miss Talia we are going to be late to meet Mister Vaughn at the airport."

"Goodbye. If we don't come back in twelve days, know that we failed. Kol knows what to do if that happens. We will call if we are going to be late. See you." With those cheerful words Talia breezed out the door.

Talia missed Kol freezing in shock. He had never thought about that. Kol made to go out the door but he was too late. The engine started and the car pulled down the driveway.

"They will be fine Kol." Rebekah assured.

"Yeah. Tell me that when my mate isn't in danger." Kol sped off.

Rebekah and Niklaus shared looks.

"Well, this will be a long twelve days." Niklaus spoke.