27 | helping a brother

┏━━━━━━━━┓

I've got you brother

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Kol tried everything to stay awake

Kol tried everything to stay awake. He did not want a repeat of last night. Kol ended up in Talia's room sitting at her window seat hoping with everything in him that she would survive this. Kol's head jerked up when there was a knock on the door in the morning.

"Kol?" Rebekah walked into the room. She sighed as she saw his state.

"Hey, Bekah." Kol rubbed his eyes. "How did you sleep?"

"Better than you apparently. Did you get any sleep last night?" Rebekah asked.

"No." Kol stood up and stretched. He yawned. "Did you need something?"

Rebekah shook her head. "We are going out." She announced.

"No." Kol said stubbornly. "I am not."

"Kol, you can't keep doing this to yourself." Rebekah scolded.

Kol went scary silent. "When your mate is in danger and you cannot do anything about it I will remember this." Kol said calmly.

"She will be fine Kol! Elijah will protect her! He knows what she means to you." Rebekah yelled.

Kol sagged and sat back down. "I don't even know if she will want me." Kol confided. He ran a hand through his hair. "She knows how to fight." Kol spoke up. "Do you know any modern woman who knows how to fight that doesn't have a damn good reason to?"

Rebekah embraced her brother awkwardly. "She will be fine Kol. Have a little faith."

"You're right. Maybe I do need to get out of here. What did you have in mind?" Kol stood up.

"I thought we could go for a drive. Head to Washington DC for a day. It is only four hours away. There is this museum there. I figured we could catch up on all that we missed while we were daggered." Rebekah offered.

"Sounds good. Let's go." Kol went into his room and quickly got dressed. Kol flashed downstairs, past a surprised Niklaus and into the waiting car.

Rebekah and Kol hit the road.
---------------------------
Talia woke the next morning to Elijah shaking her. "Wake up Talia. Last day of hiking."

"Yeah, until we have to hike back. I swear if I have to put up with one more 'keep up' from Galen I will kill the man. I don't care about the curse." Talia grumbled.

Elijah laughed. "Then maybe you should walk a little faster."

"Yeah yeah." Talia mumbled. "Get out. I need to change."

Elijah saluted the girl and exited the tent.

Talia quickly changed and packed up her gear. "Ready to go, Galen."

"Good." Galen took off walking.

After a while, some of the landscape looked familiar. "We are almost there." Galen said.

They were standing on the cliff that Elena and Stefan jumped off in the show.

"The cave is just over there. We have to hike around this lake." Galen pointed across the water.

Elijah opened his mouth but Talia elbowed him in the ribs.

"No." She mouthed.

Elijah sighed and walked after the hunter.

"Keep up Talia." Galen called back, knowing it irritated the little vampire.

Talia growled and made to speed after him when Elijah caught her around the waist. "No." He scolded. "I, nor Kol, need to deal with you being all crazy from the hunter's curse. Knock it off Talia."

Talia blew out a breath. "One more time Elijah. One more time."

Elijah bit back a chuckle and walked after the stalking hybrid.

Three hours later they reached the cave. Galen stopped them outside the entrance. "I need you guys to be at your strongest. I will wait here. Go do whatever you need to to become at your best."

Galen looked disgusted as he watched Elijah pull out two blood bags. The two blood drinkers walked a short distance away. Elijah looked like he was coaching the ginger. Great. She was a young vampire. He hoped she was stronger than she looked. The two drank the blood and walked back over to Galen. "Let's go." Galen led the way through the cave.

Talia grew nervous as she remembered the seal. "So . . ." Talia laughed a little. "I might have forgotten we need a witch."

"I didn't." Galen spoke. He took off his shirt. "Correct me if I am wrong but you are a witch."

Talia blushed. "Yeah but you need a Bennett witch that practises expression magic to . . ." Talia felt really faint. "To . . ." Talia blacked out.