𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 8 │︎♚︎

Enjoy the early update, loves.

"I was missing you long before we even met."

Kyra

"WAIT WHAT!?"

"I know father I'm so excited!" Kyra squealed, mistaking her fathers shock for exhilaration.

Her father stormed towards her, his eyes practically bulging out of his head.

"Where!? When?" The questions blasted out of his mouth and were directed towards Kyra. "..how?" He asked himself quietly, how could he let this happen? She was only 18.

Well dragons are supposed to meet their mates at 15, she's waited long enough. His dragon spoke.

But-

"Well father, I met him at the Elder tree!"

Viserion released a sigh of relief. Thank god it was a fairy otherwise the creature would have tainted her pure soul.

"I smelt something so heavenly so I walked around the Elder tree and saw a HUGE DRAGON!" She motioned the bigness of the dragon with her arms and her father practically fainted on the spot.

"A— a dragon?" He thought.

"He was very...beautiful." Kyra thought back to when he stood over her in human form, his jet black hair was spread in different directions in result of his sleep, his hazel eyes penetrated through her own, his attention purely on her and she loved every second of it.

"Oh my god!" Viserion sighed, his hands gripping his hair in frustration. He fell on the couch, still in utter shock that his pure daughter had found her mate.

"What's wrong father?" She questioned and sat down next to him, slowly removing his hands from his head. "Aren't you happy for me?"

"Of course I am, my fairy...I just wasn't expecting...this!" he inhaled deeply. "Are you sure it was your mate..?" He asked, desperately hoping he had an ear infection and misinterpreted their whole conversation.

"Yes father, I'm sure!" Kyra smiled, her dreams of finding her mate had finally come true and she couldn't be happier.

"Oh god" Viserion sighed again. He wasn't ready..he didn't want his daughter to be taken away from him, he wouldn't allow it, but he knew he would have to give her up for her own happiness.

"Wait..where is he then?" Viserion knew that dragons were the most possessive over their mates, there was no way he just let her get out of his grip.

"He went back home" Kyra spoke with a frown. "I had to get home and he allowed me to but he said that after the ball I have to go with him" Kyra now understood her fathers worry, he didn't want to leave her and neither did she. She'd miss her father a terrible lot, just the thought of it almost had her in tears.

"It's ok, little fairy" Viserion hushed her, noticing her glassy eyes. "He'll make you feel extremely special, ok? Remember all those fairytales I told you about mates?" He questioned and she nodded. "Then there's no need to worry, he'll treat you like the Queen you are".

"You won't leave me, right father?"

"Of course not! You're my little fairy. Are you seeing him again tomorrow?"

Kyra nodded excitedly, "He said to come the same time tomorrow."

"Well then...tell me more about him." Viserion knew this would get her mind off things for a while, I mean he did just tell her about the truth about her mother's 'death'.