8

After Dream's sudden aspiration to become a stripper and desire to make me want to give myself brain failure, he left me alone in his room, saying he was going out to hunt for some more food. His lack of presence makes me a lot less on edge, and I finally can think properly.

His room is pretty big, and apart from the bed and chests, there's a table and chairs in the corner, and a bathroom attached. Oh thank god. I'm so disgusting right now, caked in grime from the explosion and then eating shit in the forest, dried blood coating the majority of my body. My hair, no doubt is a wild, frizzy tangle, and my clothes are ratty and foul. I go into the bathroom and turn on the shower. Once its the right temperature, I quickly strip off my awful clothes and hop in.

I sigh as the water hits me, relishing the feeling of it washing the dirt and sweat off me. I end up sitting on the floor of the shower, eyes closed as the water and steam wrap me in a cocoon of warmth. My mind wanders to Dream's words from yesterday, about how could get more freedom by behaving. It's humiliating really, like I'm some sort of pet being trained, doing his bidding for a treat, but I need to get myself out of here, something I can't do by fighting him. He's far too powerful and strong, but if I can get him to trust me, maybe I can sneak out of here.

The plan doesn't excite me. I will get out of here at all costs, and do what I have to do, but the thought of playing obedient for Dream makes me feel sick. At least I have some plan of action. I stand back up, using some shampoo I found to scrub the sticks and grass out of my hair. I step out and wrap myself in a huge fluffy towel. I'm not putting my old clothes back on so I go through Dream's chests. If he didn't want anyone to invade his privacy, maybe he shouldn't have held them captive in is room.

I end up stealing a black long sleeved shirt, which falls to my mid thigh, and has sleeves so long I have to roll them up three times. I also steal some black sweats, which I have to roll the waistband for, and some socks which sort of fit me. Everything smells to unfamiliar and only reminds me that I'm far, far away from home. Despite feeling better and clean, the ache in my heart for L'manburg and my friends only grows stronger.

I end up staring out of the window. I feel more and more trapped in this room, and the river seems to call out to me, with its crystalline water and mossy rocks, reflecting the marbled greyness of the overcast sky. A knock at the door breaks my trance.

"I brought you some food"

I look up to see Eret walking in, holding a tray with sandwiches and a bottle of water. I get up and snatch it out of his hands, before sitting down at the table. Despite my very clear signs that I did not want to talk to him, he sits down opposite me. Can he not take a hint? I refuse to look at him. I furiously chew my sandwich, suddenly aware of just how hungry I was, I can't even remember the last time I ate. He sits there silently, observing me, and I glare at the tray in front of me.

"Ro... I- I wanted to explain" He starts.

Bad. Bad fucking choice of words. I snap my head up, face no doubt contorted into a scowl and all I can see is red.

"Ro? Ro!? Don't you ever call me that. Don't you ever fucking think that you can use that name for me. You want to explain Eret? Do you? I cannot even imagine what kind of explanation can justify what you did, there is nothing you can say to me that's going to fix this shit!" I pause and take a deep breath. I can feel my throat tightening, and the bubbling hysteria that's threatening to rise up, tears starting to slip down my face. He sits there, still silent. I continue, spurred on by all of the feelings that are now pouring out. "I trusted you! We all did. I thought you were my friend! I thought you cared about me! And to sit there, after what you did to us, after I got fucking kidnapped by the team you chose to be on and then try and explain. I don't fucking care Eret, I just want to go home. I'm so fucking tired of this."

I'm sobbing now, tears falling from my eyes and hitting the wooden table with soft little pats. I can't even speak anymore, too overcome with sadness and hurt and anger to form words. Eret's jaw is clenched, and I spot a tear slide out from underneath his glasses. For some reason I just want to give him a hug, and pretend everything's ok until we both stop crying. But I can't, and I won't. I hide my face in my sleeves, slightly humiliated at the fact I'm bawling my eyes out in front of the enemy. He clears his throat, and I look up.

"Rosemary, I did what I had to do. The revolution was never going to work, Dream was too powerful, he was going to crush us eventually. I thought that if I helped bring about the inevitable end of the revolution I could help protect you guys, or at least limit the amount of damage to you. Maybe it wasn't the right decision. I still don't know, but I did it to protect everyone in L'manburg, and I'll stand by it to the very end." He says, voice raw with emotion. "I never faked caring about you. I never faked being your friend. I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm really sorry Rosemary."

He betrayed us to protect us. In some twisted way it made sense, but there was no avoiding the fact that it hurt us beyond repair. It doesn't change the fact that he betrayed our trust, that he pretended to care about L'manburg, that he teamed up with our enemies to destroy us. L'manburg means everything to me, and I would give everything up for it in return. Eret didn't understand that.

I open my mouth to verbally obliterate Eret's backwards logic, when the door swings open and Sapnap pops his head in.

"What a lovely little reunion! Quite honestly, I'm surprised you haven't tried to strangle him yet." Sapnap chirps, and I'm stunned into silence. "Anyway, Eret your shifts up, I'm taking guard of the little lady here." And then he disappears from my view. Eret sighs and stands up, giving me a remorseful look before heading out the door. I angrily wipe my tears and slam the door shut behind him.

I'm completely worn out from the day, which was eventful to say the least. It's finally dark outside, and the bright moon casts odd shadows on the floor. Stifling a yawn, I survey the room again, disappointed to find that there's no couch or comfy chair I can sleep in. Considering the thought of sleeping in Dream's bed makes me want to throw up, the only alternative is the floor. I steal a pillow off his bed and find a thick blanket, before settling down on the rug. It's itchy but I close my eyes, drawing the blanket tightly around me and try and sleep.

Despite the fact I'm more tired than I've ever been in my entire life, I can't get to sleep. I toss and turn on the floor, but there's no ignoring the fact that my poor back is stiffening as I speak. I grit my teeth and try to put up with it, but I'm becoming slightly hysterical with the lack of sleep and I'm tired to the point it's getting psychologically painful. In the end I decide to cut my losses. I grab my pillow and slide under the covers on the bed. It's soft and comfortable, and I feel safe as I tuck the blanket up to my neck. There's a distinct scent of apples and smoke, strangely comforting. I'm out before my head hits the pillow.

--------------

A/N Can I just take a moment to appreciate all of you guys??? I uploaded this story for fun, and honestly didn't think anyone would see it, and 5 days later we've hit 1.6k reads and almost 100 votes!!! You guys are INCREDIBLE and I appreciate all of you so much. I've loved reading all of your comments, they all make me laugh so much and they truly are my favourite thing about updating this story, I'm always so excited to see that someone commented! So just thank you so so so much for all of your support!

So Eret isn't as bad as we thought? I guess that's up to you guys to decide. Rosie won't forgive him for a while, and I'm not sure yet if I'm going to include a full redemption arc, but they will come to an understanding at the very least. And Rosie sleeping in Dream's bed... a lot of potential there (*cough* next chapter *cough*).

Please comment and vote, it helps me out a lot and I really appreciate it! Hope you enjoyed!

Oopsies x