41 | stood no chance against the vampires

┏━━━━━━━━┓

We're all food
for the bloodsuckers

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Elijah was in his study working on his computer when a blur ran into the room and slammed him up against the wall

"Just when were you going to tell me that the witches of New Orleans stood no chance against the vampires. That it was worse than them being slaughtered in the streets." Kol growled, his vampire face out in full force.

Elijah grabbed his brother's hand and crunched his wrist. Kol let go of his brother's throat. "Never forget who is older, little brother."

Kol fumed. "Well?" Kol rubbed his wrist as his bones healed.

"It was Niklaus' idea. I am wondering who told you." Elijah mused.

"Talia did." Kol raised his head. He wouldn't let his older brother dismiss him so easily.

Elijah focused on Kol. "Why are you so calm about it?"

Kol grinned evilly. "Trust me, I am anything but calm. When I find Marcellus I will rip him apart along with anyone who has killed a witch in that town. Talia is the only thing keeping me subdued for now." Kol breathed deeply. "Why do you always leave me out? You left me out of the 'Always and Forever' thing. You held back the information about the protectors and now you were going to leave me out of how bad it really is in New Orleans. Do you really hate me that much brother?"

Elijah sighed. "Kol, when we made that promise you were already long gone. When we found out about the protector's you were gone then as well. You hide really good. By the time we found you again it had slipped our minds until Talia showed up. About how bad it is in New Orleans, Nik was the one who suggested it. We saw how you lost it when the humans killed some witches. We didn't want you to go through that again." Elijah placed his hand on Kol's shoulder. "We really don't mean to leave you out of anything."

"Yeah, you just are never there." Niklaus entered the room. "I am so sorry, little brother. I didn't even factor Talia into my decision."

Kol smirked. "Thank you, Nik. By the way, how is Matilda?"

Nik frowned. "She is still sleeping. I am starting to get worried."

"She's fine." Talia walked in and stood close to Kol. "I can sense my protectors anywhere in the world they go. I can sense if they are in danger or not. Matty just likes her sleep. I swear I had to get creative to get her up for school. I tried everything from cold marbles in her bed to water thrown on her." Talia looked thoughtful. "It kinda feels like a line tying me to them. Like when they swear their allegiance and loyalty to me, a rope binds them to my mind." Talia described. Talia snapped out of her thoughts a second later. Her eyes fixed on Nik. "I am just warning you to not get any ideas about Matty. She is only fifteen and I expect her to graduate high school before she travels the world."

Nik looked confused. "I don't have any ideas about her."

Talia nodded sarcastically. "Uh huh. Anyway, Kol, do you want me to pack for you? Jordan helped me and I am all done."

Kol shook his head. "No, I got it Darling." Kol pulled Talia into his arms and kissed the side of her head.

"It is so nice seeing you two getting along now. The tension from before was killing me." Elijah was relieved.

Rebekah laughed from the doorway. "I wouldn't speak so soon, brother. A whole other kind of tension might happen soon."

Elijah shook his head. "Spirits help us then."

Nik snickered. "Look at their faces."

Talia's was on fire and Kol was glaring at his siblings. "Very funny." Kol snapped.

Talia pulled on Kol's hand. "Come on, we need to go pack." Talia glared at the three siblings in the room. "Go pack as well. We need to leave either tonight or by tomorrow night. Jordan can't travel in the daylight, until she has a daylight ring or something."

"I am working on that." Elijah assured. "I have the perfect piece. Unfortunately it is in one of my estates in Europe. The caretakers have to find it then ship it to me. I will have within a week or two."

"Good." Talia glared at Rebekah, Nik and Elijah. "Don't ever make jokes about Kol's and my relationship. If you do, remember, payback is a bitch."

The three siblings looked at each other after Talia and Kol left.

"How is it that Talia can be scarier than Kol?" Rebekah whispered. She was hoping that the two wouldn't hear her. She failed.

"I heard that Bekah and I will gladly prove you wrong!" Kol yelled. "I am scarier than Talia ever dreams she could be!"

"Ha!" They heard Talia say. "I am scarier than you."

The siblings heard Talia squeal. "No! Stop! Please!"

Rebekah, Nik and Elijah ran to Talia and Kol's room. They found Kol sitting on top of Talia tickling her.

"Fine! You are scarier." Talia giggled. "Rebekah is wrong."

Kol stops tickling her and stares at Talia laughing. Talia slowly stops and gazes back. The tension in the room was thick. Rebekah, Nik and Elijah looked at each other. Spirits help them indeed.