44 | remembering

┏━━━━━━━━┓

But you've made
up your mind

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Jordan was working on her schoolwork when there was a pounding on her door

Jordan was working on her schoolwork when there was a pounding on her door. Jordan huffed and got up to answer it. "Just a second!" She called.

Jordan opened the door to see Matilda Young on her doorstep crying her eyes out.

"Sweetie? What's wrong?" Jordan asked, worried. Something had to have happened to Talia. Matilda wouldn't be here otherwise. "Where's Talia?"

"Sh- She's gone!" Matty sobbed.

"What?" Jordan was shocked. She knew the dynamics of Talia and her little sister's relationship. Talia wouldn't just leave her willingly. Jordan got serious. "What happened? Is your place okay? Was it Jayden? I'll call the police."

"No!" Matty shouted. "It was this!"

Jordan looked at what Matty was holding out. It was a bone necklace. Jordan recognized it immediately. "Is that a copy from the show?"

Matty wrinkled her brow. "What show?"

Jordan sighed. "Vampire Diaries. That looks like the necklace that Bonnie used to do some expression magic."

Matty's eyes lit up. "Magic. That could be it."

Now it was Jordan's turn to wrinkle her brow. "What did magic do?"

Matty explained the story. Jordan's eyebrow crept higher and higher on her forehead.

"So what you are saying is that Talia grabbed the necklace and she started to glow. She then started fading in and out and she finally disappeared like static on a TV?" Jordan clarified.

"Exactly." Matty nodded. "I know you won't believe me, but I kinda need someplace to stay. I mean, I can stay in our place, but I don't want to be alone. I have had Talia with me all my life. Now she's gone and I am all alone."

Jordan looked back into her cramped apartment. Jordan didn't believe Matty for one second, but if Talia was really gone, Jordan had promised to take care of Matty if Talia ever died. Jordan was keeping her promise even if it was a bit different. Besides, Jordan could keep an eye on Matty and search for Talia herself. "Fine. Get your stuff. I will clear out my spare room."

"Thank you Jordan." Matty's blue eyes welled with tears. They then got full of determination. "I will find her." Matty clenched the necklace in her fist. "I promise you Talia, I will find you."

---------------------------

Jordan was brought out of her thoughts by a gentle knock on her door. She hurriedly wrapped a towel around herself and answer the door. "Yes?"

Jordan blushed when she saw who was on the other side.

"Miss Cooper? Niklaus has made breakfast and we are going to have a discussion at the table." Elijah kept his eyes on her face. "A sort of information exchange meeting."

Jordan looked down. "Okay. I'll be right down, Mr. Mikaelson."

Elijah smiled. "Call me Elijah, Miss Cooper."

"Only if you call me Jordan." Jordan glanced up and caught the look on his face.

"Okay then, Jordan." Elijah seemed to roll her name on his tongue.

Jordan stared at him. "Okay then, Elijah."

Elijah turned to leave. Jordan watched him go.

A squeal broke her from her thoughts. "Jordan Cooper you so like him!" Talia came out from the shadows of Kol's room.

Jordan started. "God Talia! You are such a freak! Watching from the shadows. Jeeze. You're one seriously creepy friend."

Talia smirked. "But you love me anyway. Besides, us three determined I was a psychopath. Matty was the freak and you were the punk."

Jordan rolled her eyes, secretly pleased she had distracted her ginger friend. "Oh, go make out with your mate."

Talia blushed. "Yeah, about that."

Jordan clapped her hands over her ears. "I don't want to hear it!"

Talia laughed a bright happy, bubbly laugh. "Oh it is so good to have you here. I missed you!" Talia threw her arms around Jordan.

Jordan awkwardly patted her on the back. "Can't breathe, Talia." Jordan choked out.

Talia's grip immediately loosened. "Sorry. Forgot how strong I am." Talia smiled sheepishly. "We have to talk later. Just you and me."

Jordan smiled. "I'd like that." Jordan then frowned. "What are you doing up here?"

Talia held up a man's shirt. "Kol spilled coffee all over himself. Now he is sitting down there, covered in a hot beverage waiting for me."

"Actually, I am shirtless!" Kol yelled up the stairs. "And a little bit cold now."

Talia's face went flame red.

"Hurry up Sweetheart. He is being annoying." Niklaus' voice was heard next.

"KOL!" Rebekah's voice screeched.

Talia paled. "Gotta go." Talia zipped down the stairs.

Jordan shook her head. She was in a houseful of crazies. Jordan smiled. She loved it. She never had any siblings growing up. Talia and Matty were the closest things she had to sisters. Jordan had always wanted to live in a full house.

"You get used to it." Elijah spoke from next to her.

Jordan jumped. "Jeeze! Don't scare me like that."

Elijah chuckled. "My apologies Jordan."

Jordan glanced at Elijah. "Do you know when you will have that piece of jewelry you offered me?"

Elijah shook his head regretfully. "I am afraid not. It is a big house with a lot of things in it. They will find it. I will have it by the end of next week at the latest."

Jordan sighed.

"Do you miss going outside?" Elijah asked.

Jordan nodded. "Yes I do. I miss taking a walk. I am sad I won't see the property. I love a good garden."

"I have a place in Europe with a beautiful garden. It has a maze and a wonderful view." Elijah looked at the red head. "I could take you sometime."

"I would love to. Thank you." Jordan accepted his offer. This was her mate? A kind and honorable man? She was lucky. "Hey, Elijah?" Jordan started to tell him that he was her mate when a shriek shook the house.

"KOL!" Niklaus roared. "Get out of my kitchen!"

Elijah looked at Jordan. "My apologies, Miss Cooper, I must excuse myself." Elijah zipped downstairs. "Kol Mikaelson!" Elijah raised his voice.

Jordan bit her lip and looked at the floor. She would get her chance. She would tell him. Soon, she swore, I will tell him soon.

Jordan cautiously made her way downstairs into the fray of chaos. She smiled. She hoped she had found her place to belong.