twenty - five | fight to the death

Astrid positioned herself in a foxhole next to Harper as the two girls looked at the dense forest

Astrid positioned herself in a foxhole next to Harper as the two girls looked at the dense forest. They couldn't see anything but they knew something, someone, was there.

"I see them. They're moving! I count two, 3, no, wait, there's more. I don't know, man. There's too many of them." Sterling's voice came from the radio.

Astrid narrowed her eyes as she tried to look for grounders and as she caught sight of one, she quickly fired but missed.

Many voices were heard through the radio, complaining about the grounders being ghosts.

"Ghosts..." Astrid mumbled to herself as realization washed over her.

"What?" Harper asked confused.

"They're drawing our fire." Astrid said as she grabbed the radio from Harper. "They want us to run out of ammo. All gunners, listen up. The grounders are not attacking. They're making us waste bullets. Don't shoot when they're running laterally."

"Astrid's right." Bellamy said, a hint of pride in his voice. "Don't fire until you're sure it's attack. Repeat, do not fire until you are sure."

Everyone stopped shooting and it was silent for a moment before screams were heard and all grounders started attacking. Astrid, Harper and everyone else used every last bullet they had, managing to hit plenty of grounders but not enough.

"Fall back! Get back!"

Astrid could faintly hear the sound of Clarke's voice, telling them to hold on, to keep fighting back.

"Harper! Go!" Astrid yelled at the girl as the two ran out of the foxhole, still shooting anyone that wasn't apart of their camp.

An explosion made everyone look up at a ship coming down, way to fast. "What is that?" Harper whispered in horror.

"That," Astrid swallowed. "is the Ark."

The second that the grounders broke out of their trance, the gate was already gone. Grounders flooded the camp as everyone started fighting.

Astrid cursed when she realized she had no more bullets left. As she looked up, she saw a bulky grounder coming her way. Astrid swallowed hard as she ducked from the punch coming her way and hit the grounder in the ribs with the but of her gun. He grunted but hit her in the stomach with his knee, causing Astrid to suck in a breath. Fuck.

Astrid swiftly took the knife from her boot and stabbed the grounder in the neck. She gasped as he fell off of her and started choking on his own blood. Astrid didn't have time to regret what she did before another grounder attacked her.

And thats how it went. She got attacked m, she got bruises but luckily she always managed to kill the grounder.

"Inside! Now!"

Astrid looked back at the voice, seeing Clarke. They made eye contact and Clarke's eyes widened in terror. Then Astrid felt the pain.

She swallowed as she looked down at her torso, where an arrow was sticking out. Blood already started soaking her shirt as she staggered back.

"Astrid!" Bellamy yelled at her, but he couldn't get to her, not with the grounder in front of him.

Clarke gritted her teeth and darted out of the drop ship, ignoring Finn. She ran as fast as she could and caught Astrid before she could fall. "Come on." she grunted as she helped Astrid to the drop ship. They made it.

But as Clarke looked back at Bellamy, who was being beaten up, she realized he wasn't going to make it.

That's where Finn came in. He ran to Bellamy's side, toppling over the grounder. Clarke watched in horror. She could only put Astrid down and instruct someone to put pressure on her wound.

And Astrid could only make eye contact with a defeated Bellamy, both of them bleeding out.

And then the doors closed.

And so did Astrid's eyes.

i'm so bad at fighting scenes😭