50 | New Orleans

┏━━━━━━━━┓

Can I go where
you go?

┗━━━━━━━━┛

Talia stepped carefully off the plane into the hot, muggy New Orleans night air

Talia stepped carefully off the plane into the hot, muggy New Orleans night air. She wiped her forehead dramatically. "Matty. It's so humid. I'm melting." Talia turned to her little sister.

Matty rolled her eyes. Matty was pouting. Elijah had compelled her. She got that she might have overreacted. But seeing her big sister carried into the house, covered in blood, by a panicking Kol freaked her out.

"Come on, Matty. I know you want to smile." Talia elbowed the blonde in the ribs.

Matty turned her head away.

Talia gasped. "Oh my God! My hair will be ruined!"

Matty's lips quirked up but quickly frowned.

"The curls will be unmanageable!" Talia continued as the seven of them got into the cars provided.

Kol, Talia and Matty got into one car, followed by Niklaus.

Elijah looked over at Rebekah and Jordan who had talked and had called a tentative truce. "I guess we get this one."

The three got in the car. Rebekah up front, Elijah driving which left Jordan to hop in the back.

In Talia's car, Talia and Kol were trying to cheer up Matty. It finally worked when Talia pretended to melt into Kol when Niklaus rolled down the window.

"I am a puddle of Talia." She said, mock sadness coating every word.

Matty busted up laughing.

"Ha!" Talia sat up with a smirk. "I did it. Nik, you owe me."

Nik rolled his eyes. "I was only joking."

"No. You can't weasel your way out of this. A bet is a bet." Talia spoke firmly.

"It doesn't count. You wanted to cheer her up anyway." Nik countered.

"True." Talia paused. "I really don't like this weather."

"Don't worry, Darling. We will leave to go somewhere colder as soon as the witches are freed." Kol clenched his fists.

Talia leaned into him in the backseat as she replied. "Uh . . . that's not gonna work. I promised Matty that I would take her to anywhere in the world she chose after we saved the witches. She chose Australia. We have a week planned with just her and I. I promised no boys, no Rebekah and no Jordan. And after that, I might win that wager with Bekah and I will have another week with just me and her doing whatever she wants."

"So after all this I won't see you for two weeks?" Kol frowned.

"I think I can take a week in between Matty and Bekah to be with you." Talia thought aloud. "I might have to reason with Rebekah."