Chapter 1

Aakriti's POV

I am studying the files to analyze why this branch faces a loss. I am here in Rajasthan to solve this issue and sign a few deals. I am stressed and happy at the same time. I am stressed because of this issue in this branch and happy because I am away from my so-called family. Never mind. Focus now. Something is wrong with the accounts, but what? I need to solve it as soon as possible. There was a knock on the door distracting me from my thoughts. I asked the person to come in. It was my assistant Maya.

"Maam." Maya said. She looked nervous.

"Yes, Maya. What happened?" I asked her and looked back at the file.

"Maam. You need to attend a wedding today of Mr. Bansal's daughter." She said fidgeting with her fingers.

"You know. I don't have time to waste on all this stupid stuff. Just send a bouquet and apologize. Come up with an excuse that some emergency came and, no matter how hard I tried I still couldn't make it."  I said with a bore expression.

There are so many times, we have to attend such events to maintain a good bond between our business partner and investors. But I never attend weddings that irks me to a great extend. Especially all those stupid aunties who try to behave like shaadi.com.

"Maam, they are very important investors and have specially requested you to be present for their daughter's wedding as they want to know you more before investing in our company. We can't take the risk of upsetting them, or they might withdraw the investment from our next project." She said in a soft voice.

Great! Now, I only don't have to attend a stupid wedding but also act all goody to impress someone. Ugh!

"Huh! Why the hell is everyone getting married all of the sudden?" I said in frustration. I heard Maya suppressing her laugh. I glared at her, so she stopped laughing.

"Leave the card here. I will attend the wedding. Go and do some work." I said firmly. She left my cabin.

I got a call from Dadu. I know what he wants to talk but why he is not trying to understand that I am not ready to get married now. I am content with how my life is going on. I have no intentions to add more complications to my life.

I don't want to pick the call but if I won't answer his call, he would come here today itself haunting me. Somebody save me.

"Hello, Dadu. How are you?" I said with an extra sweet voice. I do sound creepy when I pretend to be sweet. Eww.

"I am fine. what took you so long to pick up the call?"

"Sorry, dadu. I was working on an important project. You know how I am right? I just forget everything when I am working."

"Ok. I think it's high time. You should get married. Even Rajveer got married and Aarav is getting married next month." I knew that I was only going to get spared till one month but Rajveer's sudden marriage is now going to create havoc in my life. Think something Aaku use your brain. Get out of this stupid situation.

"Dadu, I need time because I am not ready." I said in a low voice.

"No. You are going to turn 27 soon. It's the right time for you to get married. I don't even know if I will stay alive or not this year. I want to see you happy with your family. I have selected a nice groom for you. He is my friend's grandson. He is very smart and talented. You both will make a perfect pair." He said. Somebody tell him that I am very happy. My happiness doesn't depend on my marriage. I don't need somebody in my life.

"But."

"No. You have to meet him. If you are in love with anybody tell me, otherwise you need to meet him and that's final." He said and cut the call. What the!