|43|

JEALOUSY

"What are you doing?" Adam asked giving her a look.

"What do you mean?" Eva glared back. "I'm sitting on a chair.." she began to demonstrate how you would sit on the piece of wood.

"No you idiot.. the project, we aren't partners!"

"Hey.. who are you calling idiot!" She began to playfully beat him up.

"Just get lost.. okay?" He spoke sternly.

"Who am I with again-

"-Weasley.."

"Oh yes... wait what?" Eva began to panic, she hadn't remembered there was a project or the fact she was paired with Fred.

"Oh but you insisted you be with him" he commented slyly clearly amused by her dilemma. Eva cursed herself for flirting with the redhead and offering to do the project with him.

Usually Eva wouldn't mind being with him, she'd have time to make fun of him or tease him but Eva had guilt eating at her. He looked at her strangely nowadays and she couldn't help but feel responsible for the whole thing.

Picking up her bag and flipping Adam off she eyed the muggle studies classroom for a sign of ginger hair. She marched over to the circular desk upon hearing his melodic voice.

Eva halted, a girl who was drastically taller than her was bent over the table chatting to Fred. He didn't seem repulsed by the interaction either.

A sour look appeared on Eva's face. She threw her bag on the table, purely for dramatic purposes. The girl who had been previously reciting an uninteresting story was wearing Ravenclaw robes.

"Eva nice to see you again!" The girl exclaimed cheerily. Eva cringed it was too early to act that happy plus she didn't have a clue who this girl was.

"Do I know you?" Eva seethed crossing her arms.

"I tutored you... charms last year?"

"How delightful!" Eva mocked, she heard muffled chuckles beside her. The Ravenclaw looked a little upset, it was all very funny to Eva.

"Why are you still here?" Eva growled. "Go do your project!".

"I was just talking to Fred... sorry"

"Well you aren't his partner, are you?"

"I-

"I-I-I" Eva ridiculed back. The girl with no name swallowed hard as if trying to choke down tears.

"Talk to you later, Fred!" She squeaked touching his hand. Eva stared incredulously at the boys hand, a scowl etching on her face.

"Talk to you later, Fred" Eva recited in a feminine voice, waving her hands about.

"You're a horrible human being, you know that?" Fred blurted out.

"Don't act all innocent Weasley"

"Oh so it's Weasley now?"

"It was always Weasley" she gritted her teeth.

"Sure" he laughed. Eva was about to blow up at the smug boy but it appeared that class had began.

Eva layed her face on her fist, attempting to pay attention but she found everything so boring. Subtly she began to gaze at Fred's side profile, he seemed deep in thought.

The chatter faded out in the background, her vision clouded with his face. Eva had no idea how long she was staring nor did she know why.

Fred knew she had been looking, he could practically feel her gaze as he tuned into the lesson. He wanted to be mad at Eva for her actions but found it hard to stay angry with her.

He gave in, he took a little peak.

Eva blushed when she realised he was looking back. She scolded herself for doing it in the first place.

"You were jealous" he whispered into her ear, she momentarily shut her eyes feeling the coldness on her kneck. "Can't deal with another girl speaking to me, Smith?".

"Fuck off, how many times do I have to tell you that I feel nothing for you?"

"Until I believe you"

He began to caress her hand under the table, she froze. Fred pretended he was paying attention to professor Burbage but he knew exactly what he was doing.

When class was over, Fred went back to pretending she didn't exist. It infuriated Eva, here she was covered in a light layer of maroon and he didn't seem fazed.

She couldn't deny how much she loved his touch.

Author's note,

I'm sorry if this was
shitty! I literally wrote
it in the car and couldn't
concentrate.

Regardless I want you to
comment where you're from
i'd love a penpal and it would
be nice to know where you
all are from.