24 || incredibly special

I BLINKED A FEW TIMES TO MAKE SURE I WASN'T DREAMING. He seemed to do the same. He was paralyzed. He only managed to breathe out one word.

"Lia."

There's only one person who calls me that.

I sprinted up to him and threw myself into his arms. I buried my face in the crook of his neck as he crouched down to my height, falling to his knees.

"You're alive," I whispered, tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. I really thought he was dead. Everyone else did.

He was here. He was real. And we were all going to be okay.

"I thought I lost you, kid," He muttered into my shoulder.

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Blake," I smiled.

Bellamy Blake was really here. He was alive.

As we broke apart, Bellamy stood up. Maya cleared her throat. Oh, I forgot she was there.

"Sorry to interrupt the family reunion but we've got work to do."

"Right. Sorry," Bellamy grumbled, clearing his throat. His face was covered in scratches, cuts and bruises and his normally freckled skin was dirty and slightly bloody.

"Tahlia, you go back to the dorms. Tell the others. I'll stay with Bellamy," Maya decided. I hate this plan.

"No way. I'm staying with Bellamy," I protested.

"Lia, she's right. Go tell the others. It isn't safe for you with us."

I rolled my eyes and reluctantly nodded. I didn't want to go anywhere but with him after what happened last time. We parted ways at the elevator and I happened to bump into Jasper, Harper and Monty. Harper and Monty looked like a mess. They were wearing old hospital gowns and were covered in blood. Harper looked sickly pale and at the brink of death. It was a horrifying sight.

"Harper!" I gasped, sprinting up to her to help Jasper hold her up. Monty was hurt too, but he wasn't in as nearly bad shape as Harper was.

I didn't even have time to tell them Bellamy was here. Jasper said Wallace was letting us go home. Harper and Monty quickly got cleaned up and changed their clothes while Jasper explained what was happening.

"Listen up. There's gonna be questions but there's no time," Jasper announced. "We're getting out of here. So pack your stuff."

"What are you talking about?" Fox asked.

"They're letting us go?" Miller asked in disbelief. 

"Yes. Right now, before they change their minds,"  Jasper confirmed.

"Jasper, what the hell is going on?" Fox demanded.

"They lied to us the whole time about everything," Monty spoke up. Jasper and Monty shared a nervous glance. "The Ark is on the ground. And we're not safe here. Now do what he says." 

The room was filled with gasps and confused expressions. Everyone obliged and started gathering their things. I didn't have much to carry so I just grabbed a small satchel and filled it with a water bottle, a change of clothes and a flashlight.

I waited at the door for everyone else. All of a sudden, another alarm started blaring. Right before the doors were slammed on us, I caught a glimpse of Maya. Beside her was Bellamy.

"No!" Jasper cried and ran to the door. He had his head in the view of the window which was too high for me to see. Jasper's face held a look of sheer terror. He was just as scared as the rest of us.