22

Maya's POV

"Can I borrow a sweatshirt or something?" I asked Josh as I stood fixing my hair in the bathroom in his dorm. I was very thankfully his room had its own bathroom.

"Yes, of course. I have an old grey Phillys one that is shouldn't be too big on you." He smiled and threw it to me.

"Thank you." I put it on with my black leggings from the day before. I took them off to sleep in so they would be okay to wear again today.

"Here." He threw a cereal bar towards me. "I know you're not a breakfast person and I have nothing fancy like pancakes, but I'm not letting you go to school on an empty stomach." He was the definition of sweet.

"Thank you." I smiled and opened it then ate it.

Josh then gave me a ride to school but he dropped me off a couple blocks away incase Riley or Cory just happened to recognise his car.

"Text me later?" He asked.

"Of course. I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too." He smiled and leaned into kiss me and I kissed back.

I reluctantly pulled away and made my way in to school and went straight to my locker where I came face to face with a rather annoyed Riley.

"Where did you run off to yesterday?" She folded her arms over her chest. "I needed you."

"You needed me?" I spat back at her. "I was humiliated in front of the whole class, again, and you needed me? I left because I needed air. I can't believe you." I slammed my locker shut and walked into our history class.

"Maya-" Riley said coming and taking her seat in front of me in class.

"No. You don't get to say you needed me when you saw what happened here yesterday." I sat back as the bell went. She sighed and turned around as everyone piled into the class.

Farkle came in holding Smackle's hand and they went to sit down in their seats, along with Zay following behind them. Then Lucas came in.

Riley barely even acknowledged him. She just smiled at him, but not in a goofy Riley way. Something happened between them and she maybe did need me. But I still needed her so she had to come talk to me about it, as selfish as that may sound.

Class started as normal, until the last 10 minutes when Matthews decided to bring it the fact we'd barely interacted with each other the whole lesson.

"What's going on with you six?" Matthews asked.

"Nothing." Riley said.

"Nothing? None of these 5 stuck up for me yesterday when the rest of the class were laughing at me." I snapped. I looked at them and they all stayed silent and barely made eye contact with me. "Unbelievable." I mutter.

"Well they weren't lying." Riley turned around to face me.

"Yes they were, that's the thing." I said back not caring at this point.

"You had your first kiss and didn't tell me?"

"Yes actually. I don't even think I can trust you at this point."

"Maya." Lucas shouted.

"What? She didn't even check and see if I was okay yesterday and you want me to pretend that didn't even slightly hurt me? Well it did. Riles, you're my best friend and I wanted you to see it I was okay but you didn't."

"I'm sorry Maya but I think you're making this into a bigger deal than it is. But why can't you tell me about your first kiss?"

"Because I don't wanna talk about it."

_________

The day dragged on and felt like forever.

I looked up to the clock and smiled at the fact it was only 10 minutes until the end of the day. We had last period English and I didn't have it with any of the friends from my friend group, I sat with my friend Sarah.

"Hey Sarah, do you think you could do me a favour?" I bit my lip knowing it was risky.

"What is it?"

"I'm seeing this guy and my family don't know, do you think I could say I'm staying at yours on Friday and Saturday?"

"Sure. My dad probably wouldn't even notice if you were staying or not, he's so busy with this new movie he is working on." She chuckled and I joined in.

"Thank you Sarah, it really means a lot." I smiled and hugged her.