Chapter 8- Keep Your Mouth Closed

Kayla's POV

School today was the same. Boring. Although me and Gabby hung out again. She is actually a pretty sound to hang around with. We had also exchanged numbers today so we could keep in contact. Her idea.

Currently I sat on the floor my back leaning up against the side of my bed as I stared into space. I didn't want to go to the dinner tonight. That meant spending time with my family and that was something I didn't need.

Apparently we were going to a decent restaurant so we had to look a bit nice. To say my wardrobe only contained tracksuits, jeans, and leggings is an understatement...

Wait what am I on about? It's all I own. I don't own really any skirts or dresses.

I grab my phone turning on my playlist as I shove my earphones in. It was currently half five we were leaving at quater past six and I'm no where near ready. Aperatetly the table was booked for half six.

Before I had put in my earphones you could hear the hussle and bussel of people getting ready. People walking in and out of the bathroom. Walking up and down the stairs.

A loud knock took me out of my trance. I thought I was just hearing things when I took out one earphone to listen closer. But then another knock came.

"Come in!"

The door opens revealing a half ready Louise. Her blonde hair was all curled and she wore a pink flower flowy dress.

"Hey honey, you should probably be getting ready." She saids.

"I know." I blantly roll my eyes.

"Oh well, I was just letting you know that you should wear a dress or a skirt since everyone is dressing nice okay?" She said.

"Okay." I nod my head even though I barely own that type of stuff.

She gives me a small smile before leaving. Not before closing the door like a normal person.

I let out a groan thinking of something to wear. Not bothered to walk over I crawl over to my wardrobe. Like the weirdo I am.

I pull out a purple long sleeved slogan top with a purple shirt. I think Tara had a skirt that could go with this?

I make my way over to Tara's press pulling out a denim skirt among the millions she already has. It would probably be a little bit bigger on the waist but I can use a belt.

I can match it with my boots. I put on the outfit and everything seems to be coming together. Trust the process is all I can say. My hair had been in a plait most of the day so when I take it out it will be wavey.