5. A Question

CHAPTER - 5

LOVE ISN'T... A QUESTION

'Love is the answer. What was the question?'

Meeting Liana made me feel like I was back to my teenage days. Not that I had a crush on her or something or I was just staring at her whenever she wasn't looking in my direction.

It felt like going back to younger days solely due to the fact that she was keen on asking so many questions from me which to be honest were boring. It felt like playing a round of twenty questions. My reactions to all her questions included me giving her an inappropriate reply or just being rude to her. Initially, I gave these reactions because the questions were stupid, but then she started getting annoyed at my answers and I actually started enjoying seeing her annoyed.

So this cycle of her asking a stupid, irrelevant question followed by me giving a totally inappropriate answer which led to her rolling her eyes and getting irritated with my answers which finally resulted in me smirking some more continued for quite a long time.

"The next question is, what do you like to do?" she asked, making me roll my eyes.

"I'm back to school." I stated in the most bored tone I could manage.

"Why am I even here?" I heard her mutter.

My lips twitched up slightly as I heard her frustrated tone and I decided to give her one straight answer. "I like to travel to different countries." Her eyebrows shot up in surprise but that surprise was short lived when I completed my sentence, "I get to bang girls of different countries." Not that I was lying.

"You are an animal." She huffed as she typed away my answer on her laptop.

I wanted to laugh at her annoyance, but I stopped myself. "Correction – I'm a beast." I added just to annoy her some more.

She shook her head, proving that my little mission was accomplished. "Anything else that you like?" she asked, looking like she was trying hard to control her frustrated emotions.

'Being alone, painting, mountains, beaches, driving on empty roads that seem to stretch forever with no end.' I thought but stopped myself. 'Why should I be telling her all this? How much do I even know her? Just twenty days and she will be gone for good. And maybe if I continue to behave like this she'll be gone even before 20 days.' So exactly like the last few hours, I ended up giving a completely inappropriate answer just to piss her off and to make her leave this assignment.

"Size bigger than or equal to thirty four; the bigger the better," I answered and I watched as she took her sweet time trying to understand what I had just said, and once she did, her eyes widened and she opened her mouth to say something, but I beat her at it. "You look like a thirty four C to me. I'm right, aren't I?" Her cheeks reddened visibly and a little smile made its way to my face looking at the expected reaction. Wanting to add to my joy, I leaned back in my chair and told her, Of course, I'm right. Apparently, I'm not a pro at perceptive hearing only."

I knew it was a jerk move. I was proving to be a total ass to her. But I wanted her to leave as soon as possible. It wasn't like she was going to stay for a long time anyway. So why wait a long time for something that is definitely going to happen? I was just taking matters in my own hands, and giving her more reasons to drop this pathetic excuse of an assignment. Making her uncomfortable was one way that was definitely going to work.

She gave the expected reaction of not being able to say anything which added heaps to my joy. To irritate her some more, I smugly told her, "Of course, I'm right. Apparently, I'm not a pro at perceptive hearing only." I watched her as she ducked her head to look at her laptop screen. "C'mon, don't be embarrassed. That's the perfect size," I informed her truthfully, which made her clench her jaw.