(22) Kidnapped

Valentina's POV:

Here I'm sitting and playing with my youngest brother and having fun as if I'm not threatened to die or that I suddenly came to know my family owns Mafias.

I realised I can multi-task, be scared, laugh, worry altogether.

Me and Max were playing in the living room when my brothers and oldies come home from their work.

Some of them have blood on their shirts and hands.

What the hell?!

I look at them appalled not knowing how to take this scene in front of me. They all suddenly turn and saw me and Max in the living room realising they have audience.

They freeze looking at themselves and then me, luckily Max's back was towards them and he hadn't seen them coming in.

I heard someone mumble shit. Max heard and was turning towards the voice. I immediately stopped him before he could see anything and pulled him towards me in a hug.

"Let's play the letter game bud, I'll draw a letter on your back and you have to guess the letter okay?", I say trying to distract him

"Okay sissy", he said excitedly and sat on my lap hugging me back.

I with the rest of them sigh in relief. I give them a 'what the fuck' look.

They gave me a sheepish look. I glare at them and gesture them to go change. They all realising that and ran towards their rooms. I roll my eyes

Just coz they are in the mafia and don't have to hide from me they think they can come in with blood on their clothes?!

Who's blood was it? Oh god this is crazy. I wonder if I'm ever gonna get used to the fact that they are in the mafia.

I draw letters on Max's back and he guesses them.

Soon everyone comes into the living room clean and tidy might I add and kisses Max. When they come to me I just give them a glare making them back off. I still haven't forgiven them about the 10 minute ago incident.

How can they be so careless? What would have happened if Max saw them? He is a little boy for fuck sake.

"Uh Max why don't you go to your room and bring the drawing we made together and show everyone?", I tell Max.

"Okay", he gets up excitedly and runs to his room

I turn towards my lovely/dangerous family and put my hands in my hips and raise my eyebrows.

"Chill Val we didn't know he'll be here", Matteo pouts trying to calm me.

"First of all don't pout you look like a pig", I say and everyone laughs and Matteo huffs

"Second of all who's blood was that?", I ask in a small voice.

"You don't have to worry about that Val", Ales says

"Yeah I'll stop worrying about it when pigs can fly", I say folding my hands

"What's with her and pigs?", muttered Daniel

I glare at him and he looks away scared.

"Well?", I ask with a pointing look

Everyone sighs hard.

"Jack", Dad says

Okay I did not expect that.

"What? He attacked again? Are you guys okay?", I ask frantically