51

~ ilya ~

A restless feeling swallowed my mind.

Unable to focus my mind, I slammed my computer shut. My thoughts returned to Phoenix. Where would she be right now?

I made my way out of my office and took the elevator to the penthouse.

Strolling in, I called, "Phoenix!"

There was no response, but should I have been surprised?

Of course, my little troublemaker was wreaking havoc with that Katarina. Sighing, I made my way down the compound to the Basement; however before I could knock on the door, my phone buzzed.

It was Aleksey.

"Босс, у нас проблема," he said in an agitated voice. [Boss, we have a problem]

My heart dropped.

In the background, I heard the hysterical crying of a girl. Was that Rina?

"Where?" I growled into the microphone.

"The cells," was all I heard before sprinting down the stairs.

When I arrived, I saw Mila's unconscious body on the floor. Medical equipment was strewn across the floors. Blood streaked the walls.

What the fuck happened? Sweat began to form on my brow. Where was Phoenix?

Aleksey was standing in the centre of it all, standing over the doctor. In his arms was a trembling Katarina.

Of course she had something to do with it.

With a snarl, I ripped her out of his grasp and fiercely shook her shoulders. However when my eyes assessed the bloody cuts on her arms and thighs, immediately guilt washed over.

"What happened?" I asked Aleksey, "Where is she?"

His eyes, dark with disgust, landed on Milena's unconscious figure. "She was torturing Katarina," he seethed.

I couldn't hide my disbelief. "Why?"

"I-I saw her hit Phoenix and send her away with s-some men," Rina gasped, with tears streaming down her bruised cheeks.

Instantly, my vision turned crimson. "What?"

"I-I don't know where she sent them. I just heard her say a woman's name and-"

"Who's name?" I growled, clenching my fists before they ripped into a nearby wall.

"Aliena."

Aleksey assessed my reaction with a grim expression.

I didn't know what he saw. I didn't know what I felt - except this white hot rage coursing through my veins and threatening to consume my mind.

Wordlessly, I picked Milena's body up and walked into one of the cells. I dropped her onto one of the metal chairs and rolled up my sleeves.

"Water, Aleksey."

Moments later, I raised a bucket of icy water and thrust it at her face.

Gasping, Mila shot up, but I pushed her back down into the seat without remorse.

Looming over her shocked state, I uttered in a deathly calm voice, "Where is Phoenix, Milena?"