Chapter 118

Sirius looks absolutely beautiful to me. He is all disheveled hair, swollen lips and rosy cheeks, and I want to keep the image of him like this in my head forever.

His tired grey eyes are pale in the early morning sun, and I can see the faint flecks of blue inside them as he looks back at me.

"How do you feel, angel?" Sirius asks me softly, tracing his thumb over my exposed collarbone. "Did I, um, well was I alright?" It's funny seeing him so shy now after how dominant he'd just been with me.

"You were perfect, Sirius." I tell him honestly. He smiles and tilts his head forward, sweetly nudging me with his nose before capturing my lips in his. I smile into the kiss. Kissing Sirius is indescribable. His lips are warm and soft, and my mind goes blank anytime his lips are on mine. It's never just the simple touching of lips, there's always a tingly feeling left behind that I can't help but crave.

He playfully bites on my bottom lip and grins as he pulls back. "Hands down best birthday present ever. But, you know, if you wanted to try to beat it..." He makes a soft humming sound, "I wouldn't be at all opposed."

"Wanker," I laugh, shoving his bare chest and turning away from him to lay flat on my back under the covers.

He looks around the room, apparently only now noticing the absence of the boys. "Did the lads say where they were going? I completely forgot about them." He suddenly snorts, "Could you imagine if they walked in on us?"

"That's not funny." I laugh, contradicting my own statement.

"It's a little funny."

I shake my head, letting another giggle escape me. "Wouldn't have happened anyhow, James promised he'd knock before barging in."

Sirius props himself up on his elbows and stares at me in amusement. "Oh? So you were planning on seducing me into bed all along."

I feel my cheeks heating up and my eyes widen at how I made things sound. "No! No, James was just joking around about it is all..."

"Mmm, whatever you say, love."

Thankfully, James, Remus, and Peter return to the dorm room a good ten minutes after Sirius and I find the energy to dress ourselves and make the bed, so no one but us really knows what we got up to all this time.

James saunters into the room holding a big white box with a red ribbon wrapped around it in one hand, and a bag full of Butterbeer bottles in the other. "Padfoot, this is for you. Looks like Mum's baked you a cake."

A wide smile spreads across the birthday boy's face as he takes the cake box from James. "Mia remembered," He whispers happily.

Peter wanders in after James, enthusiastically waving five forks at us. "We should make a picnic of it. I mean, I know that it's getting colder out but it's still sunny."

"Splendid idea, Wormy." Sirius says, clapping the shorter blonde boy on the shoulder.

"Yeah," Remus adds, moving to his trunk and pulling out a bunch of cozy blankets – his mum's a knitter. "And we could just wrap ourselves in layers of blankets to stay warm."

All of Hogwarts is inside, for classes are still happening, making the entire courtyard ours. Given the special occasion, the five of us have decided to skip classes altogether. We think no one should have to go to school on their birthday.