23

Anna's POV
----------------
I looked at him in shock, eloping? He said we could still have a wedding but it's not the same.

"I know this all sounds insane to you, but in order for us and the business to be safe we have to. All we would do is go down the courthouse and sign some papers. My father isn't doing well and needs me to be the legal owner of his business, for that to happen I need to be legally married" He explained while grabbing my hand.

"Tomorrow work for you?" I asked, even with this slightly ruining our marriage plans it was important. I knew what I had to do and would honestly be better this way incase anything were to happen.

"You're ok with this" He asked.

"Yeah, now does tomorrow work for you?" I smiled up at him and moved a piece of his hair away from his face.

He nodded and pulled me into a hug or attempted, this baby bump was making it a bit hard to hug or do anything really.

We resumed our cuddle day and just enjoyed eachother's company. No dinner was made instead we stuck to snacking all day. However though we did go take a walk to go watch the sunset on the docks. It was cold outside but nothing compared to some winters in the city. I was playing with my ring and leaning on head on Cade's shoulder. I had to admit it, I was upset that we were having to elope but I understood. It just sucked, his work always managed to slip into our relationship, I hated it.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" he asked while looking down at me.

"Just this whole thing, why do you have to get married to inherit your dad's businesses?" I blurted out. Probably wasn't the best idea.

"When the business was first formed the founders wanted all future owners to have wives, because according to their mindsets a successful man has a wife behind him" he explained seeming annoyed.

"Could you change that for future generations?" I asked confused on why someone would think that.

"Technically I could but I don't want to, I think there is some truth to it. You have to be very mature to handle this work and having to be grown up enough to have a wife goes hand in hand with it" he told me while looking out to the water. I nodded and continued watching the sunset.

Soon after our conversation we went home and went to bed immediately. Something made me feel uneasy while getting into bed though. I grabbed Cade's arm, "Something isn't right" I whispered. He pulled me into the bathroom and locked the door. "What do you mean" He whispered back. "I think someone is here" I said. He nodded and walked us to the safe room. He locked the door and got one of the rifles off the walls. "What are you doing" I said starting to feel scared. "I think you're right, stay here" he reopened the door and closed it, locking me in.

I took a couple of deep breaths and sat down on the couch sitting in the corner. I heard banging coming from outside and decided to get a gun myself. I walked over the wall and grabbed a smaller hand gun that fit pretty well in my hand. I also put on a bulletproof jacket to make sure the babies stayed safe in case of anything. Then I remember the house has security cameras all over, I walked over to the tablet on the wall and started clicking through trying to find where Cade was.

The house was a mess but the twins room was untouched, at least these guys have some morals. Finally I found him, he was in his office tied to a chair getting punched repeatedly. I didn't want to see this, I turned it off and sat on the couch again holding the gun.

I knew no one could get in without me opening the door from the inside. I took deep breaths and tried to calm down, last thing I need right is to stressed. Cade could handle this, he had plenty of guards that could back him up. And he was very capable of handing stuff like this.

At least an hour had past and everything had gone silent, I didn't know if it was safe to leave and I didn't want to check the cameras. Something felt eerie about this, I finally worked up the courage to look at the cameras to see if it was safe to leave. The twins room was untouched still and everything seemed calm in the house, but when I got to Cade's office there was something covering the camera.

Shit

This can't be good, I decided to turn the microphone on to see if anyone was in there.

"Cade this isn't hard, we all know you don't love her. You're incapable of love, you just pity the girl. So tell us where she is and we will take care of it." The voice sounded familiar but I don't know where I knew it from.

"You know nothing Santiago" Cade growled, why hadn't he killed them yet and where were his guards that are always in the house?

"Yet I know everything, so just tell me where your little toy is and I will be on my way. I mean what could you possibly lose in this?" the man chuckled, I wanted to run in there and give myself up and beg for the babies to be spared. But from what I'm hearing it sounds like the man doesn't know about my pregnancy.

"Leave her out of this, do you want money? Drugs? Guns? I will give you whatever you want, just leave my fiancé alone" Cade pleaded, I have never heard him like this. Hearing all of this made me even more scared, I was starting to panic. The room started to close in, I have to get out of here. I look around and see a small trapdoor big enough to fit a person through. I opened it and see and small staircase leading to a door, I should at least try it. I take a deep breath and start climbing down. When I get to the bottom I look back one last time and open the door. It lead to an ally behind our house. I started to run towards the mob of people and spotted a police officer.

Cade had connections to the police, maybe they could help.

"Excuse me, my house is currently being invaded. I live with Cade Grey. Please help me" I choked out feeling tears start to form in my eyes. The officers eyes widen and he said something into his radio before guiding me to his patrol car. He walked off and I sat there trying to figure what was happening. A minute ago I was in the house listening to Cade refusing to give up my location and now I was in the police car waiting for something to happen. 5 Minutes later 3 SWAT trucks pull up to the house, which was luckily in my view. About 30 men with some military rifle were standing in front of the house talking, someone who looks to be the man in charge of the operation comes over to me.

"How did you escape the house without being seen" he asked calmly, probably sensing my fear.

"There is a safe room with an emergency exit, I can show you the door that leads to it." I say thankfully not stuttering.

"Please just point me in the direction ma'am, we don't want to put you back in danger" he responds while looking around. I point to the where the door is and give a small description of it and how to open the safe room door. He nods and walks off. 10 fully armored men walk into the ally and towards the door.

After 10 minutes of excruciatingly painful waiting Cade walks out covered with bruises. I jump out of the car and run into his arms, he immediately returns the hug and walks us to a car waiting to take us somewhere. We hadn't said a word to eachother yet, I had my face buried in his chest while trying to keep myself from having a breakdown.

Finally Cade says something, "How did you get out?" "I found an emergency exit" I mumble, not moving my head from his chest. "Smart and we are going the hospital to make sure we and the babies are ok. But we are still going to live in the house since we have the nursery set up" he says while rubbing my back in an attempt to soothe me. I nod in response, I was so tired but those men had to come in and disrupt everything.

We arrive at the hospital and an hour later we both got sent home. I held Cade's hand for dear life as we entered the house. Everything had been cleaned up and put back in it's place. The only thing that wasn't as it was before was the mirror in the entry way. It must had been shattered because it's gone. All of the guards were at their station as if nothing had happened, but something did.

Cade leads me to the bathroom and we get into the shower. "Why were those men here?" I ask looking down a my baby bump. "It was a revenge attack for your uncle, they wanted to torture you and then do a public hanging" Cade says avoiding eye contact. I nod and try to sort my thoughts, why was my family still out for my head?

Whatever reason they had didn't matter though, I was starting a family and engaged my own hero. They couldn't touch me now.