3.07

The interns had just been told about what Cristina had done: operate instead of Dr

The interns had just been told about what Cristina had done: operate instead of Dr. Burke, who had a tremor. Now, the tension in the locker room was clear, as Helena braided her hair.

"Maybe she'll be on look but don't touch patrol too, at least I'd have some company..." Izzie said as Helena looked at her sternly.

"Whatever she gets I hope it's bad, really bad." Alex opinionated, making Helena call out his name, sternly.

"Alex!"

"She made a mistake, we all..." Meredith started.

"A mistake? She was gonna let Burke, Burke with the shaky hand, operate on my father."

As Cristina came in, the silence and tension grew, George staring at her. "Would you stop looking at me like that?" She asked, opening her locker. "It's creepy and makes you seem like you haven't been fed."

All the interns left he room, except for Cristina, Helena and Meredith. "How's it going?" The blond asked.

"How's what going?"

"You are Burke, are you ok?"

"We're existing in total silence."

"He's not talking to you?" Helena joined the conversation. "Cause that's not fair to you. I know it might not feel like it but you did the right thing."

"I'm not talking to him either."

"I'm sorry, are you ok?" Meredith asked.

"Stop asking me that."

"We're making an effort here." The blond explained.

"Please don't." Cristina added, just as Bailey barged into the room.

"Rounds started thirty seconds ago."

As the girls rushed after their resident, they entered George's father's room.

"Hi mom." The boy greeted, earning himself a hug.

"Hi, Mrs. O'Malley." Helena smiled at the woman.

"Oh, Helena. Come here." She hugged the short girl too, speaking up once she pulled away. "I put out some breakfast in case you kids haven't eaten yet."

Suddenly, George's brothers came into the room. "Hey, ready for the big day, pops?" Quickly, they got distracted by the breakfast. "Food!"

As Dr. Hahn entered the room, she spoke up. "Ok people, let's make this quick, I have a day. Which of the interns is mine?"

"It's either me of Helena." Alex spoke up. "He's family and she's a candy stripper."

"I'm ready!" Izzie spoke up.

"Pick me, pick me!" Ronny and Jerry mimicked, earning them a smile from Helena as she shook her head, looking down.

"Guys, this is serious!" George ordered.