Chapter 26

Thank you all so much for 40k reads! So insanely thankful for the growth my story has every day ❤️

"Serena?" Cassie said hesitantly. "When do you think is the right time to move on from Cedric?"

Cassie and Serena were studying in the library before dinner, but in all honesty, Cassie wasn't doing much studying. Instead, she sat there, head in hand, staring across the room at a certain red-haired boy who was currently setting up a prank.

Serena raised an eyebrow at this random question, but once she followed where Cassie's eyes were watching, it all made sense.

"I think it'll be the right time whenever you feel ready to move on," Serena said truthfully.

"But wouldn't it be an insult to Cedric in a way? It was only a couple months ago..." she added.

It was no secret, Cassie couldn't deny that there were feelings there for Fred, but every time she thinks about him, she feels guilty. She doesn't want it to seem like she's running to the next option after Cedric's death, but every day it gets more difficult to ignore her feelings.

Serena snapped her textbook shut in annoyance, "Do not say that. You know damn well Cedric wouldn't want us wallowing in sadness, he would want us to move on with our lives."

"I know, but-"

"No, Cassie," Serena cut her off, "if you are ready, then go after Fred — don't deny it I see the way you look at him — and if you aren't ready, then wait until you are."

Cassie seemed to be pondering her best friend's words as she looked back to the twins. An automatic smile was brought to her face as she watched him run away in fear as Madam Pince was storming over to them.

"I feel like I'm ready," Cassie admitted, "but I'm scared. The last time Fred and I kissed, I cried during it and ran away..."

Despite the seriousness of the conversation, Serena couldn't help but burst into laughter at this. This was the first she heard about the story of Fred kissing her, and it truly was hilarious.

"Shut up! Don't laugh, it's not funny!" Cassie yelled out through laughs.

"I'm sorry," Serena giggled while wiping her tears of laughter, "I just can't believe you cried! But anyways, I doubt Fred is the type of guy to be scared off by that, I mean, he knows how close you and Cedric were."

"He did tell me he would wait for me..." she mumbled.

As Cassie admitted that, Serena slapped her on the arm with her textbook.

"Hey! What was that for?!" she exclaimed while rubbing her arm.

"You idiot! What are you so worried about then if he said that! He's clearly head over heals for you!" Serena lectured.

"I wouldn't go that far," Cassie sighed.

Serena rolled her eyes, "Oh, shut up! Fred Weasley would not say that unless he was completely infatuated with you."

Seeing that Cassie simply huffed while playing with a strand of her hair, she quickly got up and pulled her friend up with her. She began to shove her toward the door, confusing Cassie.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Cassie shouted in shock.

"You're ready to move on, you're just scared," Serena stated bluntly, "so make this leap and go to him unless you want me to tell him for you."

Cassie's mouth fell open in shock. She made no move to leave the library until Serena shouted, "Hey! Fred!"

She quickly covered her friend's mouth with her hand as Fred turned to look at them.