9

Dante POV

Addison didn't talk or look at us since Monday. It's now Wednesday. We tried to talk to her multiple times but she just gives us a cold shoulder. She takes the meaning 'silent treatment' to a whole other level. Who knows how long it will take until she talks to us again.

Adrian is taking it the hardest. I told him to apologize but every time he does, Addison just leaves him hanging. She walks away. The other twins feel bad, especially Chase because of his toy. Chris is just gloomy.

We watch as Addison comes into the kitchen. She's on her phone, not paying any attention to us. She reads something and scoffs. She puts her phone away and looks at me.

"Dante, I need to ask something but before you even say anything, I already said yes so you can't say no." Addison says. I look at her confused.

"Are you finally talking to us?" Marcus asks.

"No. Can I skip school today?" She asks. I look at her and raise an eyebrow.

"Excuse me? Why?" Darius asks. She looks at him.

"Is your name Dante? No, it's Darius. I'm not speaking to you." She says coldly. She looks back at me and raises an eyebrow.

"I don't tolerate disrespect, Addison." I say sternly. She looks at me with a smirk.

"Oh? I didn't know that was disrespect. I thought I was just helping considering Darius didn't know his name." She says.

"Do you have a problem with me? You're acting like we aren't family." Darius says. She looks at him.

"What do you want me to say, Darius? I got a mean fucking comment to go with that but I'm not trying to hurt your feelings." She says bluntly.

"Why do you need to skip, Addison? Are you sick or something?" I ask, trying to not have a fight in the kitchen. Addison looks at me.

"I just need a day off. Nothing special." She says.

"You're lying. Why do you need the day off?" Darius says.

I could tell that Darius was adding fuel to the burning fire. She looks at him and smiles. The kind that sends shivers down your spine.

"Why the fuck are you in my business?" She says coldly.

"Darius, if I was you, I would stop." Adrian says.

"Addison, why the hell do you need the day off?" Darius says coldly.

"Why the fuck do you need to know?" She says coldly.

Addison's pov

He was starting to piss me off. I mean seriously, who the hell does he think he is? He acts like he's a tough guy when in reality, he's not.

"I just want to know why you aren't telling us." Darius says. I look at Adrian and back at him.

"Fine. I'm spending the day with our uncle, Maxim." I say coldly. Adrian went tense.

"What the fuck? No." Adrian said sternly.

"Maxim is your mom's brother, correct?" Dante says. I nod.

"Yeah. He's in town for some things. He wants to spend the day together, considering he wants to rebuild our relationship." I say softly.

"Why? What happened to it? You finally realized how much of a bitch he really is?" Adrian said coldly. I roll my eyes.

"Our relationship wasn't the same after I stayed some nights at his place a few months ago. Got into a huge fight about some things. He's been trying Adrian, but you wouldn't know considering you cut everybody off on her side of the family."

"Why did you guys get into a fight?" Marcus asks. Tears pricked my eyes about thinking about it. I quickly put my walls back up. I became a heartless monster again.

"It's not a big deal. Can I skip school or no?" I ask Dante. He looks at me.

"Where are you guys going?" He asked curious. I shrug.

"Don't know. I didn't plan it." I say bluntly. He looks at Darius and he hesitates but he nods.

"You can go, but you have to text so we know you are okay. Got it?" I nod.

"I'm gonna go get ready. Thanks Dante. Also, don't think I'm not gonna stop ignoring you guys." With that, I go back upstairs and get ready.

Whenever Maxim plans to do something together, it either ends up either spending a fun ass day together or gambling. I don't really care considering I love casinos. I love the thrill of it. I haven't been to a casino in so long. I went a few months ago, after the accident but it wasn't the same. I only went because I needed to feel alive. I didn't. I needed to forget and I did, just for that night.

I hope we either go to Vegas or go somewhere that has a casino. I also hope there will be cute boys and alcohol.

Share.            Comment.           Vote.

I haven't edited it yet so if there are any mistakes, please let me know.