Chapter 65: End of the Week

Her eyes filled with tears, blinking away the sadness that has overcome her emotions as she watches a sleeping Josh beside her. Josh leaving in less than ten hours and not sure if her heart is ready for that departure. Callie's eyes look away from the sleeping, selfless man beside her and over to brightly lit alarm clock. 5:!2 a.m. illuminating the device. Sighing softly, she climbs out of bed and pulls on the closet clothing item which would be Josh's sweatshirt and quietly making her way downstairs.

            Stepping into the dimly lit kitchen, she gets started on the pot of coffee, knowing Josh's alarm won't be going off for another hour and a half leaving Callie to collect her thoughts. With a hot cup of coffee in one hand and a blanket in the other, she pads her way over to the living room and takes a seat on the sectional – clicking on the plasma screen TV. Callie dreads what the day has in store for her.

           With his eyes fluttering open, Josh cranes his neck to read the time on the clock and sits up when he doesn't feel a warm body beside him. The sunlight breaking through the window and shining on the spot where Callie should be.

            Making his way downstairs, he eyes the TV, an empty coffee mug on the table and Callie asleep on the couch. Scratching the back of his neck, he walks over and sits down on the couch beside her, slowly rubbing his hand over her back.

            "Callie," Josh says softly, shaking her awake. "Callie, hey, wake up."

            A soft groan escapes her lips. Josh knowing she didn't sleep well the night before. Callie pushing at his chest.

            "You know, if I didn't know any better I'd say you're more of a baby than our one year old," Josh smirks. Callie's face letting a small smile break through. "Come on, get up," Josh says again, patting her hip and rising from his spot on the couch and back upstairs to check on Kaiser.

            Sitting up slowly after hearing Josh's footsteps disappear up the steps, she takes the now empty coffee mug to the kitchen before walking upstairs herself.