Chapter 29: The D.A.

"Amora, you need to eat something," Cedric urged her as she stabbed her pancake lazily with a fork

"I just had a lot of Chocolate Frogs last night, that's all," Amora lied. The truth was, she had been so caught up in the events of the past few days that she had completely forgotten about her mother's fireplace incident. Even though she found her mother on every headline on the Daily Prophet, Amora had stopped reading the news. Not when she knew that her and Harry were being slandered in every article.

Ever since her mother had contacted her and Tyler's reminder about family, Amora was feeling conflicted. Aspen was only one letter away, but so was Bellatrix. The right thing to do would be to report her mother's whereabouts to the Ministry, but Amora didn't know why she should. What had the Ministry ever done for her? Attack her and her friends in the news constantly? Amora pondered on these thoughts as she glared at her pancake.

"Bloody hell Amora, what did the pancake do to you?" Tyler chuckled as he sat next to his sister at the Slytherin table.

"Morning, Tyler," Cedric greeted him, but Tyler simply ignored him.

"Good morning!" Rey giggled as she dragged Aaron behind her, who clearly hadn't had enough time to wake up.

"What's got you so cheerful so early in the morning?" Cedric asked before taking a sip of Amora's Pumpkin Juice. She swatted him on the head playfully before taking her goblet back.

"I finally told her I loved her," Aaron yawned, and Rey's face lit up at the simple word.

"Took you long enough," Amora quipped.

"I thought I showed her that I loved her with actions, I didn't know I just had to say some words," Aaron shrugged as him and Rey sat down. Tyler scoffed at the group and Aaron turned to his little brother.

"Can I help you?" Aaron asked, confused.

"I think they should go back to their table," Tyler snapped, nodding to Rey and Cedric.

"And why is that?" Cedric questioned.

"Because you're a blood traitor and she's a Mudblood. The lot of you are disgusting-" Tyler explained until Aaron grabbed him by the scruff of the robes.

"What the hell has gotten into you?" Aaron growled at his younger brother.

"Mister LeStrange, set down your brother. Save your sibling squabbles for... elsewhere," a cold voice drawled. Professor Snape was standing behind them, clearly in a sullen mood. Aaron reluctantly let Tyler go who settled back into his seat with a smirk.

"Hey, I'm really sorry he said that," Amora whispered to Rey.

"It's alright, I've gotten worse," Rey whispered back. Before Amora could ask more, a hand gripped her shoulder.