Classy bougie ratchet

Y/n's pov

"Kei... I can't do it," I say as I clutch onto his arms. "I'm gonna fall."

"You're the one who wanted to go skating," he says. "And you can rollerblade, it's kind of similar."

"It's not the same," I say. "This is like standing on knives, Kei I can't let's go get hot chocolate instead."

"No, this is our date, now let go of my arms," he says. "You're gonna pull me down."

"I'll fall then," I say. "And despite what I say, fat asses don't cushion a fall."

"How am I supposed to catch you if I can't move my arms?" he asks. "If you fall, we both fall."

"I'm actually gonna die," I say. "I don't want to skate anymore."

"I'll hold your hands," he says as he pries them off of his arms. "See, you won't fall."

"Kei, I fall in the shower all the time, and that's with my regular feet," I say. "You think that I won't fall now? I have no balance whatsoever."

"Well I'm not in the shower to steady you," he says. "Just trust me, I've got you."

"Maybe you should come in the shower with me," I smirk.

"Okay, have fun then," he says as he lets go of both of my hands.

"Kei, no please," I say. "I can't skate."

And of course, this hoe had to lead me away from the edge, so I couldn't hold onto anything.

"Just try," he says moving further away. "You'll be fine."

"If I fall you won't be able to catch me, come back," I say. "I'll try but I need to hold onto you."

"I'll catch you, I promise," he says. "But if you're that worried then just don't fall."

"Stop moving away," I say. "I won't be able to get that far."

"Then go back to the edge," he shrugs. "It's closer."

"Fine then, I'll go to the edge then," I say. "Your loss."

"Actually yours," he smirks as he holds something up, but I can't quite make it out.

"What is it?" I ask. "Lemme see."

"It's a present," he says. "You want it?"

"Yeah," I nod my head. "I wanna see."

"Then come here," he says. "And I'll give it to you."

"What is it?" I ask.

"A charm," he shrugs before putting it back in a little box and into his pocket. "For your bracelet."

"Kei, I can't skate," I say. "I'm gonna fall and break my neck. Just give it to me, please."

"I already said that I'd catch you," he says. "I wouldn't make you do something that I thought you'd completely fail at. You can do it."

"I can't," I say. "Just gimme the present."

"Look, if you skate over here and it's really that bad we can go to a cafe or something," he says. "But you'll see, it'll be fun and next thing you know we'll be here until I'm the one asking you to leave."

"Nope, not this time," I say. "This is not something I enjoy."

"Soon enough you'll be better than I am," he says. "You're good at things like this."

"No Kei," I shake my head. "I'm not a setter of a middle blocker, that's not how it works."

"That's stupid," he says. "Just come here."

"No you come here," I say. "My legs hurt, I don't wanna skate anymore."

"Just look behind you," he nods his head. "Your way further away from that edge over there now. You're doing really good, see?"

"You tricked me," I glare. "I should've already gotten to you by now."

"Well, I'll stop moving now," he holds open his arms. "Come here."

"No, you've triggered me," I say. "I hope you get hit by a flying pickle with rabies."

"Just come here," he says. "It's just a few more feet."

"Nope, I don't even care about the charm," I look away. "You're a smooth brain."

"I know you want the charm," he says. "Just come here, babe."

Babe?

"Oh my god did you call me baby?" I ask.

"Don't make a big deal about it," he shakes his head. "Just come here."

"That's not your line," I say, inching myself closer to him. "You know the line."

"I don't," he shakes his head. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you," I stop in front of him. "Say it."

"Maybe," he sighs. "Is that okay?"

"Yeah it's cool," I smile. "I liked it."

"Cool," he says. "Happy now?"

"You're supposed to add a little laugh at the end," I say. "Like in the song."

"No, I'm not doing that," he says.

"Please Kei," I grab his hand. "Pretty, please."

"You look cute," he laughs.

"I'll take what I can get," I say. "Now can I have the charm?"

"Fine, close your eyes and give me your hand," he says.

"Why do I have to close my eyes?" I ask. "I know it's a charm."

"Just close them, that's what you did the first time I gave you a charm," he says.

"Ooo, it'll be like a little thing we've got," I smile. "Kinda like a tradition."

"Yeah sure," he says. "Close your eyes."

"I got it," I close my eyes as I give my hand to him. "What charm is it?"

"Jeez, give me a second then you can see," he says. "There."

"When did you have time to get an ice skate charm?" I question, basically shoving my hand in his face. "You've got magic or something?"

"No, I've had for like a week," he says. "I wanted to take you skating so this worked out perfectly."

"Kei, you son of a bitch," I say. "Why are you the best?"

"So do you want to go now?" he asks. "Or do you want to skate?"

"Mmmm, don't tell me that you told me so," I say.

"Don't tell me what to do," he says. "And I told you that you'd like it."

"I hope you get shot," I say. "Also, can I wear your scarf? I'm cold now."

"I told you that you'd get cold," he rolls his eyes as he gives it to me. "But no, why would you ever listen."

"You also said that you wouldn't help me," I stick out my tongue. "But no, why would Kei not turn into a softie for me."

"I'll leave you here," he says. "I'm not joking."

"I know that you won't leave me here," I say. "You love me too much."

"Yeah, whatever," he rolls his eyes.

Ew, it's almost Christmas.

-Crouton