Chapter 30

Veronica's POV

I fell asleep while crying after he left. My hand is throbbing and looks bruised and swollen. I feel so disgusting.

I swallow the knot in my throat and I try to lift my hand and move my fingers but I groan out in pain, letting it go.

Then I remember, I hurt myself with cigarettes. I look at the scars and they are even more visible than before.

What kind of person have I become?

I need cocaine, so badly. It would help me forget everything.

I put on a hoodie that covers my arm and I leave my room.

As soon as I step foot outside, the whole house looks like a mess. Bottles of vodka spilled on the floor, a broken vase, and food everywhere.

Some people are still asleep on the couch, one of them is napping on the floor.

What the hell? No one took care of this mess, I shouldn't have slept. Fuck, now I'll have to clean up everything alone.

Dominic is laying on the couch, still asleep. That's when I check the time on my phone.

9 AM. Oh my God, I also have to buy plan B.

Maybe I should tell Dominic so he can drive me there, I don't feel like walking.

I try to wake up Dominic but he is unresponsive, still stinking of alcohol and weed.

I go to the bathroom, trying to take a shower but my hand hurts too much, I cannot wash correctly. I let the water run on me and then I dry out myself with a towel. I brush my teeth and clean up the leftover mascara.

I put on some black jeans and a sweater, I take a second look at myself and I wish I didn't. I look horrible.

I walk back to Dominic but he is already up, having breakfast.

"Oh, hey, Ronny," he says while pulling out the chair for me.

I sit near him and I give him a bitter smile.

"What's wrong?" he asks visibly worried.

"I need a ride to the- Planned Parenthood health center," I mutter, hoping he doesn't ask for further information.

He chokes on his food, almost spilling out the cereals, and looks at me, shocked.

"Girl, the first step is protection. What did you do?!" he scolds me and lets out a small laugh.

"It's not funny. We were so high." I try to excuse myself but he doesn't buy it.

"I'll drive you there because I don't want a little Ronnie around here," he mocks me and obnoxiously laughs, I can't help but join him.

"Who is the daddy, though?" he continues teasing me and I shove him.

"Idiot," I mutter and he continues eating his cereal.

"Where is everyone? Shanice... Alex... D-Derek?" I ask him hoping he doesn't notice I just want to know where Derek is, if he is okay.

I wonder what happened to Louis and Nicole too... She was with James the last time I checked.

"Shanice left with Derek. Olivia left right after them," he says and I look down.

"What about Alexander?"

"I don't know, I was too drunk. I think he left way before them," he admits and I nod.

"I slept with him," I admit, surprised by my sincerity. Something that I seem to not be able to do, thinking back to the horrible words I said to Derek. He must think I'm a heartless bitch.