Chapter 21

I am nervous. Very, very nervous.

I didn't think this would happen. I didn't think that I would be changing jobs in two months after working on my first one. Most importantly, I didn't even think, not even a glimpse of it, that Alessandro Durante, the most powerful man of all of America, would offer me, a simple postgraduate, to be his assistant.

And you know what's more crazy, I accepted it.

Now, I have three hours left till it's time for me to go to my new workplace.

"There, all done," I said to myself after applying a coat of lip gloss on my lips.

Combing my already wavy hair, I made sure it doesn't look unkempt as my hair tends to get everywhere if I don't style it.

I have been using Chanel perfume this time. I always use it only when I'm going out, but I felt like wearing it today for a change. I looked at my current appearance in the mirror, taking it in and satisfied with it before getting out of my room.

I went to the living area to see two of my best friends dressed elegantly, watching the TV.

"You guys ready?" I asked them.

Both of them turned to look at me, looking me up to down.

"Yup, an hour ago. You were the one who's late," Hailey replied.

I chuckled.

"Let's go, guys. We have not much time left," I said.

Both of them got up as I grabbed my work bag and purse from my room. Three of us walked out and went to my car.

"This looks bougie," Trevor said as we got out of the car, facing the diner I always went to when I was working at Lockwood Enterprises.

"It looks like it but trust me, the food is great here," I replied.

The three of us went inside, the smell of coffee and tea invading my senses, one of the reasons why I love this place. The other reason is that this place has this homey atmosphere to it, always calm and cozy.

We sat down, and the waiter came and gave us the menu. Hailey and Trevor were looking at it while checking my email to make sure I read Mr. Durante's message.

"Good morning, Madams and Sir. My name is Ashton. I will be serving you today. Have you decided with your food?" the waiter politely asked.

"I'll have the salad with the thousand island dressing and........ both of you?" I said and asked Hailey and Trevor.

"Uhh- we'll have the breakfast set," Trevor said.

"What about drinks?" the waiter asked while writing on his pocketbook.

Hailey wanted to say something, but I stopped her.

"The three of us will have the jasmine green tea," I said to him.

"I want milk to be added to my tea," Hailey said.

The waiter hummed in reply while jotting everything down.

"Okay, I will be back with your drinks first as soon as possible," the waiter said before walking away.

I looked at my phone to check the time.

"So, what made you say yes to his offer?" Trevor asked.

"Well, his company always collaborates with designers to co-design accessories. I thought I could step into my world by using this opportunity. Plus, he would always hire makeup artists for product photoshoots, and I can use that opportunity too. Not that I'm desperate for it, but maybe I might be known in the makeup world, which opens up a plethora of possibilities," I said.