𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟸 - 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛

Shinjae, Ms. Han, Y/N and Jimin were finally at Ms. Park's cafe after a long ride on the train. It was 8:00 PM by the time they had reached there, just in time for dinner. "Hello," Ms. and Mr. Park greeted Shinjae as he was the first to come in, and he gave them a polite bow in return.

"Hi, you must be Y/N," Ms. Park saluted her while she nodded nervously, "Jimin, hi!" she said kind of enthusiastically, especially noticing how he didn't look crossed at all.

"And you must be the infamous Ms. Han," Mr. Park grinned as he shook Y/N's grandma's hand.

"Yup, funny how we never really met, even though we've heard a lot about each other..."

After the 'stiff' greetings, we sat at the four square-shaped dining tables from the cafeteria; they were put together to make one, big table. A long, red table-cloth was extended from both edges of the table with pretty Christmas designs. Mr. Park sat at the right head-table as Jiyoo sat beside him, meanwhile Jimin sat at the left one with Y/N by his side. "Okay, let's all dig in!" Mr. Park beamed.

"Father, mother..." Jimin spoke up, reaching out to grab Y/N's hand as he placed his fork down. "Han Y/N is an awesome person, and I'm getting to date her. I mainly wanted to come here not only to announce that I've had enough time to reflect and that it's really up to you how you wanna handle all this, but also to introduce you to my girlfriend. Officially."

"It's great, I believe Y/N is a great person... I'm happy for the both of you!" Jisung smiled, holding his ex-wife's hand as well, "I also have something to say- we have something to say..." he said, looking at Jiyoon, for some sort of approval, and spoke once again, "We a-are getting remarried." he stuttered slightly due to the scowls he received from Jimin and Ms. Han. As well as Y/N's and Shinjae's confused faces that weren't heaping at all.

"Now I know this may sound random, but hear me out-" Ms. Park butted in, "We have talked everything out and decided to stop being stubborn... Jimin, we aren't doing this for you or because you said that you want to be a happy family... we really do want to get back together. I hope you support us?" she ended her statement rather questioningly, hoping for approval without any controversy.

"W-wait..." Jimin was utterly shocked, he couldn't believe their words, he was definitely happy. But with the rainbow, comes the rain, in fact, he was happy but he was also worried. "Are you sure about this choice? Will we really be happy? Will you two not fight like this anymore?"

"Yes, and I hope we all, Ms. Han, Mr. Han, Y/N, you and I, can all see each other often. Like a big family..."

...

Jimin was out on the balcony, reflecting on what had happened during dinner. Currently, everyone was catching up or getting to know each other better in the living room while waiting for the clock to tick midnight. He had excused himself and went to the balcony on the upper floor near the staff room he used to go so often at.

His hands were crossed over the bronzed-over-time railing as he took in the pretty view of the sky and stars. Not a cloud to be seen. He couldn't believe his parents were getting married once again, and that he was supposedly going to live happily. 

"Jimin, are you okay? Are you shocked or..." one of his favourite voices in the world sounded behind him as he felt a weight on his shoulder. There wasn't a need to check who the person was. Jimin wrapped his arms around her waist, placing his sharp chin on her shoulder and making her hand which was initially that weight on his shoulder drop.

"Yes, I'm surprised, and kinda befuddled... I mean, my parents are getting remarried and that isn't random, but it's still surprising. However, I wouldn't define this as not being okay, you are by my side during such a beautiful night. I have you, Ms. and Mr. Han, and now even both of my parents, what more could I wish for this new year?" 

"Me too Jimin, I'm so glad, I don't even think I'll wish for anything again as long as it all stays as it is now." she leaned into his touch, rubbing her hands onto his back, against his black turtleneck

"Now, we don't want it all to stay exactly the same..." Jimin grinned as they pulled away, watching Y/N's smiley face turn into confusion, "We might as well change the boyfriend-girlfriend law and get married?" 

"Come on! I actually felt startled!" she gave him a quiet hard playful punch before leaning on the railing beside him. "The view's quite... mh... mesmerizing?" Y/N laughed at her own attempt of being poetic. "It's gonna happen soon. In ten," she said, looking down at her phone, "It's literally 11:50."

"Should we do it again?" he quirked a brow up, looking at her mischievously.

"What? Do again what?" she leaned her head in confusion. But without any explanation, Jimin took a deep breath and began screaming.

"FUCK THIS YEAR! THIS NEW YEAR HAS GOT BE PERFECT, HEARD ME BITCH!?! FUCK ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED THIS YEAR! THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BE WITH Y/N THOUGH!" Jimin cleared his throat after all the shouting and turned to look at Y/N with a cheeky smile. "This. Remember at the park, when it was raining?"

"Oh~" she slurred, her confusion shuttering into merriment. "GOODBYE FUCKING OH SO-HYUN! IT'S OVER, YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ON MY MIND EVER SINCE THAT DAY, I FORGOT ABOUT YOU, BUT NOT HOW TO HANDLE THE CASE IF A SHITTY SITUATION SUCH AS THAT OCCURS AGAIN! THANK YOU FOR KIDNAPPING US ONTO THAT FUCKING ISLAND! YOU ONLY BROUGHT US CLOSER!"

"I'M SO GLAD I WAS STUCK WITH YOU, HAN Y/N!" 

"I DON'T KNOW WHY IN THE FUCKING FUCKERYS OF THIS WOLRD WE ARE STILL SCREAMING, BUT ME TOO, PARK JIMIN!" they laughed before Y/N took a glance at her phone once more, "COUNT-DOWN TIME BITCHES!" 

Everyone rushed upstairs to the balcony where Jimin and Y/N were. They all began screaming the countdown in a neat yet loud choir, eagerly waiting for the fireworks. "TEN! NINE! EIGHT! SEVEN! SIX! FIVE! FOUR! THREE! TWO! ONE! YAY~" everyone shouted happily as thousands of shiny colours exploded into the sky.

"Happy new year! I love you, Han Y/N!" Jimin smiled as he held her hand and stared at the current explosion that happened in the sky, a golden and sparkling, flower-shaped light decorated the sky for a few seconds before dissolving away only to be replaced by a purple one.

"I love you too, Park Jimin. Happy new year!" she replied with the happiest smile ever, feeling so intrigued by the orange, purple, red, golden, green and blue fireworks that were exploding in the sky. 

"It's a new year and a new start. Let's all be happy together!" Ms. Han said, giving everyone a hug.

To be continued...

Author-nim's Note:

[ This fanfiction is a little short!!! Sorry about that, this is the second-last chapter!]

Published Date: 22nd December 2020

[Edited date: 3rd of January]

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜