𝟐

-
❞𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬.❞
-
𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
-

Zarene woke up to the sound of music , rubbing her right eye,she picked out the crust out of her eyes and yawned,the volume of music was so loud it resulted in her waking up.

The walls of the her tiny room were vibrating and the windows slightly shaking.Lifting up her gaze to the clock on the wall she noticed it was 10:00 pm,it was now dark and she wondered where her grandmother could have been since it was unusual that she was absent or that she had been left alone.

Also if her grandmother had been at home there wouldn't be a party going on.

All her cousins knew that their grandmother wouldn't have liked people partying in her house without permission,but Kaleb disregarded it because he was a hothead and didn't like to listen,besides he was the favourite nothing would happen to him.

Meanwhile Zarene was thinking deeply about her family: her younger half brother and step mom.

His name was Jacob,the last time she had seen him he was ten-years-old and she was eleven.Now that she was seventeen,he must have been sixteen.

Her grandmother was the reason she hadn't seen them or heard from them in such a long time.It all happened when was still young,but she remembered it

𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭
-

After her father had died,when she was the age of nine,Zarene went to live with her grandma.

About a year she began being treated differently by her grandmother all of a sudden.

For example,if she got a bad grade in school,her grandmother would beat on her and then laugh at her in front of everyone calling her stupid or dumb,when she was the reason Zarene couldn't focus at school.

Or sometimes she wouldn't be fed because she didn't wash all the plates or take out the garbage.

Sometimes she would cut pieces of her hair as a punishment and send her to school looking crazy,everybody would tell her she was ugly or laugh at her and whisper to each other things about her.

Then at 'home' she would never be allowed to speak freely like her cousins did.

So when she was eleven, one day Zarene was finally allowed to be with her step mom after not seeing her for a long time and decided to open up about what was happening.

While explaining she started crying,gasping for air between sobs.Tears from her moistened eyes streamed down her beautiful face. And it broke her stepmom to see her like this.

Jionna had then made up her mind that the little girl could no longer stay there and attempted to take Zarene with her and move out of the state with her brother.

But Georgia,had other plans for her and wanted full custody of Zarene,she wanted the little girl under control and Jionna away from her.

The next week,they met at Georgia's house to have a conversation regarding who should keep her,but it soon quickly turned into a heated argument where they were both shouting and screaming at each other's heads because they disagreed on what they should do.