Byakuya x Fem!Hanahaki! Reader : One More Show

Requested by: Sufi_Angeliqa

⚠️Warnings⚠️ : Blood, mentions of puking, death, insults

You were Y/n L/n, the Ultimate Actress. You would always get bouquets of a variety of flowers, and a mountain of praise. It always felt like people were being polite, as it was expected of them to compliment the performance. You felt like none of it was genuine. They would say the same thing every time, "The emotion you gave in your performance was outstanding...blah blah blah." It was like a broken record, and you would just smile and thank them. Every. Single. Day.

But he broke that cycle.

"I've seen better." The wealthy boy said.

The n e r v e of that brat. It was...admirable. The rest of family apologized for his behavior, but he was telling the truth. You did accidentally step on the cape of your costume in your entrance, making you stumble, but you easily played it off a part of the exposition that your director said improved the play. The boy must have seen the play multiple times to notice such a small difference.

Unfortunately the boy, whom you learned is named Byakuya Togami, is in the same class as you. How f u n (sarcasm). You had a few friends that weren't huge fans of Byakuya, so you (thankfully) didn't see him often. But since most of your classes were together you would see him, and boy, did it hurt you.

Not just mentally, but physically. You had a rare disease called Hanahaki, but it's also known as l̶o̶l̶ A̶N̶G̶S̶T̶ the Unrequited Love Disease. You fell for the Togami, but he didn't love you back. So because of the disease, you painfully threw up flower petals up that were coated in your bubble gum pink blood.

You are currently feeling the flower petals tickle your throat during class, so you raise your hand and hope Ms. Monomi will see, which she does.

"Yes, Miss Y/n?" The animatronic bunny asked

"May I please use the restroom?" You calmly asked, feeling the flower's pressure increasing in your throat

"Of course!" She cheerily said.

You briskly walk to the girl's bathroom and puke up the petals, feeling thorns scratch your throat causing more blood to spill out of your mouth

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

The blood trickles out of your mouth into the toilet. "One more show," you think to yourself, "then I'll have enough money for the surgery." You are so close to having enough for the surgery. You didn't want to strain your parents financially, so you've been scraping some money together to pay for the surgery yourself. You exit the bathroom stall, wash your hands/mouth, and leave.

Who knew that blood made such a good makeshift lip-gloss? Today Y/n learned that fun little factoid. She went back to her classroom and the school day felt like it ended in a mere second.
You go to the theatre and practice your lines one last time before the play. Coincidentally, the play was about an unrequited love that ended in the female lead dying, isn't that I-R-O-N-I-C? "If that's foreshadowing for an assassination, I'll totally haunt whoever shoots me." You bleakly think as you put your costume on. You were a bit worried that the flowers would get in the way of the performance, so you drank a lot of water hoping it would pacify the flowers.

"FIVE MINUTES TO CURTAIN!" The director, Kokona Haruka, whispered excitedly to the rest of the cast.  "Make sure that you perform with extra energy today, because we have a special guest in the audience!" You assumed it would be someone's grandma or some sentimental stuff like that. "...yakuya Togami!" What? Just hearing his name made the petals in your body flutter, and you chugged the rest of your water bottle to stop the sensation. "Stupid feelings...stupid disease..." you bitterly thought to yourself. You would just not look for the boy in the audience! Simple! Problem solved!