Chapter 20: I Don't Know...

Epona's POV:

I stood there for a second.

"S-Sure." I choked out, still processing what had happened. Phineas smirked at me.

"Awesome. Well, I gotta get going. But I'll see you later, 'k?"

"uh-huh." I nodded absent-mindedly and walked over to the Gryffindor table in a daze.

I sat next to Harry and across from Ron and Hermione. All three of them watched me with concerned looks on their faces.

"Are you okay, Effie?" Harry asked, putting his hand on my arm.

"I have a boyfriend." 

Harry's eyes widened. He looked like he was going to murder someone, while Ron clapped and smiled.

"Woo, good for you, Effie." He joked.

I felt Hermione study me, then she spoke, "You don't seem to happy about it, though."

Harry seemed to have calmed down. And I answer, "I-I don't know how to feel. I've never done this before." I stared blankly at the table.

"It's not Malfoy, is it?" Harry asked, and Hermione hit him with her wand.

"No. It's my friend."

Hermione simply said, "Here, forget about it for now. The names for the Tournament are about to be announced." She gave me a soft smile.

To be honest, I was thankful for her. Sure, she was quite blunt at times, but nobodies perfect. Especially not me. So I'm not one to judge. Then I noticed it. Harry was wearing the uniform I designed. I felt myself smile. He looked at me back and smiled as well. I mouthed, "it looks good on you."

He mouthed a "thank you, I know". I laughed a bit and turned my attention to the Goblet of Fire, which was now set in front of Dumbledore.

He talked about how when the champions names were called they would pass the front table and walk into a room for their first task. He waved his wand, and every candle in the room extinguished, except for those in pumpkins.

A piece of paper shot out of the flaming cup and Dumbledore grabbed it, "The champion for Durmstrangs is... Viktor Krum!"

Ron yelled and applause filled the room. I hesitantly clapped. That guy scared me. Though, he wasn't nearly as terrifying as the cold grey eyes that were boring into my back, into my soul from the Slytherin table. 

I didn't want Draco to know about my relationship..if you could even call it that. I should probably tell Phineas I don't want people to know. Seeing as I'm not entirely comfortable being in one. But I can't just say no, right? That would be mean of me. I don't want to lose him as a friend, you know? Plus, I guess Phineas is kinda cute.

I wish this was simpler.

Dumbledore called out the next name, and then came the one for Hogwarts. I crossed my fingers for it to be Cedric. 

"The Hogwarts Champion is..." He called out, "Cedric Diggory!" 

I clapped and jumped up, and gave Cedric two thumbs up as he looked over at me. He smiled and laughed, giving me a thumbs up back. I sat back down.

Then, right as Dumbledore started talking, the goblet sparked red, and a flame shot out of it. With that, my vision blurred and suddenly I was no longer in the Grand Hall.

I looked around. This is the room the goblet was in this morning. I walked up to it, and tried to touch it, but my hand passed through. 

"what...?" I muttered, and noticed how dimly lit the room was. It wasn't daylight out. At least not yet.