Chapter 13

Elijah's POV

Isn't school just the BEST. I get to be stuck in a stress-induced waste land full of people who hate me for no reason and stress on learning knowledge that will never be useful to me. Now normally I would be fine with school since I have friends, I actually like math, and volleyball is cool. But now even those few joys can't make things barrable here since everyone now knows that Gray and I are soulmates. You would think that that wouldn't matter, but the problem is Gray is supposed to fully be head alpha by now, but of course I'M the only obstacle in his way.

And everybody knows that.

So, imagine having the entire school stare at you like you're the grossest thing to ever grace the planet earth when you arrive on Monday morning, all throughout that day, and for the next TWO WEEKS. Yeah, not the greatest feeling. I even avoided homecoming this year because I knew that things wouldn't be pretty if I showed up; which is fine by me since that gave me more time to train at the dojo with Atlantis. It's Thursday now and I'm still getting sour looks, and snide remarks. I mean, I like attention but not THIS much attention.

"You would think that people would get over this shit by now," Atlantis mutters as we walk to meet up with the others for lunch. She growls at some people who keep glaring at me whispering. They quickly walk away but keep on whispering.

"People are just being pricks because they can. Once Gray finds some bitch to mate with things will be back to normal," I say with a shrug.

"And you're sure that you're okay with that?" she asks.

"With Gray finding someone else? Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, you guys haven't rejected each other so seeing Gray with someone else might... upset you. And things can get messy when your upset." We grab our food and make our way over to our usual table.

"Look I'm fine! I didn't care what girls Gray was with before and I won't care now. Plus, who says I can't find someone for me?" She raises an eyebrow at that while trying to hold in her laughter.

"What? You don't think I can get a girlfriend?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.

"No, it's just that you never really acted on finding someone or asking out your crushes since middle school."

"Hey, don't hate! I can date anyone I want. I've just never had much ambition into doing it until now."

"Doing what?" Beth asks as we sit down.

"Don't tell me you're doing the devil's tango with random people!" Milo says.

"What? No!" I say, but I can feel a blush growing which isn't helping my case.

"Oh no, my sweet, innocent, closeted bisexual Eli is being tainted by wicked men! Where did I go wrong?!" He dramatically "faints" into Beth who pats his head and shakes hers.

"I'm not having sex with anybody! Also, why would you assume that it would be with guys?" Now I know my face is red because I feel it burning.

"Hey, don't knock it till you try it," Milo says with a wink. Sometimes I really hate him.

"Okay, Milo cool it before Eli explodes with embarrassment," Atlantis says "What Eli was originally talking about was finding someone to be with, besides Gray."

"What?!" Beth and Milo say together.

"Yep. We pretty much rejected each other, even if it wasn't official, so might as well find someone else."

"But he's your soulmate! The one that your destined to be with. The one who's best suited for you. You can't just give up so easily!" Beth says.

"Look you may not know this, but Gray has been a jerk to us and especially me since before high school. If he was really suited for me than I wouldn't have despised him all these years," I say. I can't really blame Beth for being at different schools than us before, but I'm sure that she can pick up on the fact that I have bad blood with Gray.