XXXIX: Win over my heart!

Athena

Later that day I returned to my house with a heavy heart and a mind full of questions. I was glad Ruby wasn't there when I reached home. I wasn't in the right mind to face more questions. I took a warm long shower to calm my tensed muscles and mind. Warm showers are such a blessing.

I applied pain balm on my bruised wrists and changed into warm comfy clothes before getting beneath the sheets. All I wanted to do is sleep and get my mind off today's incident but when I closed my eyes, those pair of emeralds come back haunting me.

"Argh! Get out of my head!" I yelled in frustration, burying my head into the pillow. After what seemed like hours I fell asleep.

I felt someone shaking me and I turned around away from the pestering hands. I sighed when the shaking stopped but it was short-lived when my blanket was ripped away from me making me squirm as the cold air hit me.

"Athi Wake up!"

"Nooo" I whined hugging my pillow

"It's 6 pm and your sleeping?"

My eyes widened when I heard the time, I shot up from the bed, my hair was all around my face and my head felt heavy due to oversleeping and crying my eyes out. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I glanced at Ruby who was giving me a 'You need to explain' look.

"I was just stressed" I climbed off the bed, dragging my feet to the bathroom to wash my face. I was about to open the door when I heard a gasp behind me. "What happened to your wrists?"

I'm screwed!

I pulled the sleeves down to hide it before turning around "I fell down" I mentally facepalmed at my poor excuse.

She held her hips, cocking an eyebrow "Your terrible at lying Athi, I know a fall won't give such a nasty bruise on your wrists. Show me your hand!"

"No!" I shook my head.

"Come on, why do you have to hide everything!"

"I'm not hiding anything, it's just that you don't have to worry about it. It's just a bruise."

I turned around to leave when she caught my T shirt, pulling me back and held my hand, bringing it up to her eyes. I quickly pulled my hand back hoping she wouldn't notice how bad it is.

Her eyes and mouth were wide "Tell me who the hell did this to you?"

"uhh" I fumbled around my words, wondering whether to tell her or not.

"I'll call Danny this instant if you won't say anything," she warned and I immediately blurted out, I don't want one more person to be involved in this mess.

"Zephyr" I whispered averting my gaze.

"Who's that?" she scowled, my lips slightly twitched. I forgot to tell her his first name.

"My Boss, That's his name."

"What!! That Adonis did this to you? Why would he fucking do that? He's such an asshole! Urg, I hate him for doing this to you." She paced around, spurting profanities on him.