25 || doing what's right

I HELPED MONTY HACK INTO THE CAMERA SYSTEM SO WE COULD SEE THE HALLWAYS FROM THE MESS HALL.

Now all we had to do is wait.

I was sitting on the floor, sharpening my knives when suddenly, a loud explosion was heard in the hallway, catching everyone's attention.

"Jas, I'm scared," I muttered to Jasper, finally admitting the thoughts that had been clustering in my mind. I was so confident before, but now that it was actually happening, I wondered if I would actually be able to do it.

"It's okay. Just follow the plan and we'll be okay. I promise," Jasper assured. I nodded and grabbed two sharp knives. "Get ready!" Jasper shouted. I couldn't see the screen Monty was holding but I could hear them trying to break down the door. We all knew the plan and we knew it would work. 

They managed to get the door open but they didn't attack. Just like we knew they wouldn't. They threw in knockout grenades, which we quickly threw into the buckets of water. We all got on the ground, playing dead, waiting for Jasper's signal.

Jasper let out a war cry as he got up and swung his axe at one of the soldiers. The rest of us, following his lead. I got up and threw a knife at one of the soldiers who was trying to attack Jess. The knife lodged itself into the soldier's neck.

It was chaos. The delinquents were killing the soldiers left and right.

"Retreat! Retreat!" I heard one of them yell. I had no knives left, I had thrown all of them at soldiers. I felt two people grab me and drag me away. I was too small and weak to fight them off by myself.

"No!" I screamed. "Jasper!" I cried for help. He promised me...

He promised it would be okay.

"Tahlia!" I heard multiple people cry after me. 

"No! Get off me!" I cried, fighting against the soldier's grip. I kicked one of their knees in, hearing a satisfying crack. They loosened their grip on me and I managed to get one arm free. I kicked one of the soldiers where the sun don't shine, causing him to grunt in pain. 

Unfortunately for me, two more soldiers heard the fight and grabbed ahold of me, holding an even tighter grip on my arms this time.

"Get off me!" I screamed. "No!" I kept screaming over and over again. They took me to a room with cages stacked all around, much like the harvest chamber. The only difference was this room had a table for the bone marrow extractions.

I saw Peter, lying on another table, lifeless and covered in blood. He was dead. Gwen was on another table. Dead.

"I'll prep the table," One of the soldiers said, releasing their grip on me and leaving only one of them to restrain me. I elbowed the other soldier in the face, shoving them into the cages.

I ran toward the door, only to have another soldier, wearing a helmet aim a gun at me. I wasn't scared of him. I was going to die anyways, it might as well be while trying to escape.

The soldier didn't shoot me. He shot the two other soldiers in the room. He took off his helmet and a wave — no, an tsunami of relief washed over me.

"Bell," I breathed and ran into his arms, sobbing.

"You okay?" He hugged me back tighter than ever and I nodded into his shoulder. Maya walked into the room.

"C'mon, we have to get her someplace safe," She said.

They led me to a place I had been before. Maya's house. Mr. Vie was asleep on the couch but was woken up by our entrance.