XLIII: Surprises!

(I'm posting this chapter because many of you said that the ending wasn't that clear and you guys wanted to know about Gabriel 😉)

Athena

This was the best New Years eve celebration I've ever had. The whole night we were roaming around the city sight seeing, it was epic. I never enjoyed this much in my life, Zephyr was such a nice travel partner, I never saw him this interested to travel not even while we were in Barcelona.

After a tiering yet fun filled journey he dropped me back home around four am and I straight away passed out on the bed and woke up in the noon. Ruby still hadn't reached home so I send her a message asking her whereabouts. I'm pretty sure she's with Danny.

I took a long warm bath and changed into an oversized T and knee high fuzzy socks, believe me It's very cosy. Since it's Lunch time, I decided on making Classic lasagna and garden salad.

I spread the meat sauce evenly on the thin lasagna sheet and arranged it in the casserole dish before popping it into the oven. I turned towards the island to prepare the salad when I heard the door bell go off.

I think Ruby's here!

I wiped my hand on the kitchen towel before ambling towards the door and unlocked it. I opened the door ready to give Ruby an earful but stopped half way when I saw Gabriel standing there with a bright smile.

"Gabriel?" I asked in shock.

He raised an eyebrow "Were you expecting someone else?"

"Umm...I thought it was my bestie. I didn't expect you to visit me but How'd you know my apartment number?"

"I asked the security" he shrugged before smirking at me "Aren't you going to invite me inside?"

I slapped my forehead in embarrassment "I'm so sorry, come inside!" I moved away so he could walk in. He shot me a grin as he stepped inside and I closed the door before facing him, I squeaked when I bumped into his chest. Ouch my nose! I heard him laugh when I rubbed my aching nose. "What are you made off marble or titanium?" I mocked.

I heard his throaty laugh again, making my stomach twist. No..no I should be feeling like this!

"Happy New year Athena!" he wished me wrapping his huge arms around me making me freeze in my place. I awkwardly placed my hands around him. My heart was racing uncontrollably, mostly because of fear. I shouldn't get so comfortable around him, Zephyr might not like it.

"Happy New Year Gabe!" I patted his back and pulled away. I slowly stepped back making a safe distance between us, he didn't seem to mind it as he continued to smile. Man, he's such a nice guy!

"I've got something for you" That's when I noticed a brown carry bag in his hand.

"Aw! That's so nice of you but you didn't have to!" I felt guilty now that I don't have anything for him. I watched his blue eyes glimmer in amusement "I wanted to so I bought it. If you don't want it I'll throw it away "

"wait, No! I'll take it" I replied quickly.

"Good !" He smiled patting my head making me blush.

I took the bag and walked over to the sofa and he followed suit. Opening the bag I saw a box covered in gift wrap. I took it out and removed the wrapper, a gasp left my mouth when I noticed what was inside.

"You got me a diary" I said in awe, staring at the brown leather covered diary. I haven't written a diary since high school, it has always been a hobby of mine but as I grew up I never got enough time to write.