Chapter 1

Buzz buzz.......
I woke up startled listening the sound of alarm.I sat up on the bed and saw the time in my mobile.It's already 8' O clock....that means i don't have much time to get ready for the college.I groaned......

I took my toothbrush and ran into the common washrooms provided in our hostel only to see it is crowded.
I mentally scolded myself to wakeup early from tomorrow.

I brushed my teeth and reached my room to see my 3 girls and so called besties sleeping like logs......

Suddenly i got an idea...
Smiling evilly......i screamed at top of my lungs......
To see them wakingup startled from the sleep.

I know that they are cursing me.So i cut them off saying to get ready as there is lecture early in the morning today.

I took my clothes and went for a shower.I took the quickest shower and came out dressed in a simple red kurthi paired with black leggings.

I combed my long hair into a simple braid and applied lipbalm.I took all the necessary things like book pen apron and all and was waiting for my friends to get ready.

After 15 mins i saw Geetha dressed in a short black top and jeans with hair brushed as a ponytail.
Swapna dressed in a kneelength checkered shirt dress with open hair.
Akhila dressed in cold shouldered pink top with jeans and hair open.

I asked them to hurry up as they were taking their bags for college.
We quickly went to hostel mess and ate breakfast quickly as time is running up for the morning lecture.

We walked to the college which is approximately half a kilometer distance to our hostel.
Just as we reached class we saw our forensic lecturer entering the class.We quickly setteled on last bench and started concentrating on the class.

After continuous classes,lunch and practical sessions college time is over.

We reached hostel and slept off on our beds tiredly.

I woke up listening mobile ringtone....in my sleepy state i searched for my mobile only to see that it was not the one that is ringing.
I sobered up and searched for mobile to see that Akhila's mobile is ringing.There is a call from her boyfriend Ravi,our super senior in this college.They are in relationship for last one and half years.

Ravi sir saw Akhila on the day of interaction with seniors and it was a love at first sight for him.He pursued her for 5 months as Akhila also loved him they started dating.

Swapna is also in a relationship with her school senior who is studying engineering in a prestigious college.They were dating for past 4 years.
I feel like they both are couple goals......

And there is me and Geetha who don't know anything about relationships.
We are friends from childhood.We went to same school same class studied our ass off to study in same college...and here we are
We both are from same place and both belong to a very conservative families when it comes to relationships and all.

Obviously mine are more strict.
As Geetha is beautiful she used to receive many proposals from our school days.

Geetha has a short brown hair with dark black orbs,and thin fragile body.....she can easily take ones breathaway....
Same goes to Akhila and Swapna they are also very pretty.

And there is me who is brownskinned average looking girl with dark brown eyes and long hair reaching my hips.I'm 19 years old and my height is 5'3.Hey don't call me short because i feel like there are many who are shorter than mee....

I'm always insecure about look and am also an introvert who never shares what i feel to anyone otherthan my 3 friends.
I was niether fat nor thin.... I'm slightly plump....looking chubby.

I feel like am not at all beautiful but my loves i.e; my friends say I'm very cute.....

But I don't feel good.... Sighs..

Let's just leave this bitter topic.

I browsed my mobile for some time and saw that tomorrow we have to submit our records.I informed my friends and started writing mine.

After writing for 3 hours I finally completed my record.

Feeling tired I slept off without having dinner.

OMG... Sorry in all these things I forgot to introduce myself.
My name is Sadhvi Reddy.
I'm 19 years old in few months I will be 20. I'm currently studying MBBS in one of a prestigious college in Hyderabad i.e; SVG Medical College.

My family consists of my father mother and a little brother.
My father name is Rajesh. My mother's name is Jyothi.my brother's name is Krishna.

I belong to a middle-class family. Who has a small house with limited facilities.

I don't like to be home as I will always be judged there for my skin colour.

My relatives mock me for my skin tone..... I expect my mom to stand by my side but she says to this and that to improve my tone which breaks my heart.

And don't go near my brother he calls me names like buffalo,crow and all as I'm not thin and fair.

My father never says anything..... Neither to them nor to me.

Sometimes I feel like no one loves me.... I feel like giving up. But with Geetha by my side as my pillar of support she gives me confidence that I can endure all this.

During my childhood I used to have many dreams like princess charming and all

With growing age I understood that life is not a fairytale. Maybe for some but definitely not for the average looking ones.

I gave up my dreams on my love life and started thinking that I should be well settled in my career so I can move out of my home after graduation.

At present that is my dream..... Which no one knows other than Geetha.