Chapter 29

"I've missed you so much." He said as he pulled away.

"Oh, come on in!" He added after he noticed that you were still standing at the front door.

He took your bag and brought it inside.

"Make yourself comfortable. I'll be having an online meeting in five minutes. I'll join you after that." He smiled and patted your head.

You nodded your head and watched him leave the living room.

"Your dad is sweet. Why are you such a demon?" Oikawa suddenly said, earning a deathly glare.

"Probably because you don't know him yet." You answered and shrugged.

"Anyways, let's go up to my room to put the bags away."

You led them upstairs into your room, just to find a completely different decorated room.

"Oh, (Y/N)-chan, I didn't know you liked pink this much." Oikawa said from behind you.

The walls were all in pink and by the wall on your right was a shelf with barbies and other children toys.

You knew exactly who this room now belonged to.

"You are collecting dolls?" Iwaizumi asked.

Your eyes became watery, but you didn't dare to waste any tears.

"I didn't leave this room like this." You gritted your teeth.

Iwaizumi and Oikawa were clearly confused. They also didn't know the reason why your parents divorced, so it was normal not to get what was going on at the moment.

Nevertheless, you left your bags in the room and went back into the living room, not even talking a word about the situation right now.

The boys seemed to notice that you didn't want to talk about it, so they didn't bother to ask about it either.

After 20 minutes of just chilling, your dad entered the living room and took a seat next to you.

"Now tell me, how have you been? I haven't seen you in so long." He said.

"I've been fine. Oikawa and Iwaizumi are taking good care of me." Your face showed no emotions.

He looked over at them and scanned them from head to toe.

"Which one is Oikawa?" Your dad asked.

"Me, sir. Nice to meet you." Oikawa said nervously.

"You. You are her brother now, so make sure that no one is able to hurt her in any way." He squinted his eyes at Oikawa.

"Yes, of course, sir."

"Perfect! (Y/N), baby, are you still in touch with your old friends?"

"No."

"Why don't you visit them today?"

"I'm sure I'll see them soon enough. Don't worry about it." You smiled to yourself.

"What about you? Are you still in touch with your friend?" You crossed your arms.

He scratched the back of his neck.

"You saw it, didn't you?"

"Could you leave us alone for a little?" You asked Iwaizumi and Oikawa.

"Of course, we will just step out for a little while." Iwaizumi said, and after a few seconds they were out.

"So they moved in with you?" You looked at him with a blank expression.

"After your mother left with you, I had nothing left. I chose to raise the kid, since she needs a father after all." He explained, clearly ashamed.

"But I don't? Thanks." You rolled your eyes.

"You know how sorry I am, (Y/N)." He lowered his head.

"That doesn't get you anywhere, so stop being pathetic. It's your life so do whatever you want."

"You are part of my life too, baby. Your opinion matters too!" He said, coming closer, but you shifted away.

"You didn't ask about my opinion while changing my room decoration tho."

"They are living here now, which room else was I supposed to give the little one?"

"The guest ro- I get it. I am the guest now." You stood up.

"It's not like that, sweetheart."

"Dad, it's your new family now. I don't care about it. You just could have told me sooner, you know?" You walked towards the front door.

"I'm gonna show them around." You said, closing the door as you were leaving the house.

You joined the boys who were sitting on the porch.

"Are you okay?" Iwaizumi asked, standing up.

"Yeah, let's go. I'll show you around." You smiled.

They shared a look before following you.

Even by just walking down the street, a million memories with Kuroo flowed through your mind.

"I would show you my old school, but you're gonna see it tomorrow anyways, so I'll just show you some places I hung out at."

"(Y/N)-chan?" Oikawa and Iwaizumi suddenly stopped walking.

You looked back at them.

"What?"

"Well, uhm, you never told us why your parents divorced and all. I mean, I understand if you don't wanna-"

"My dad cheated on my mom and accidentally made a baby with that other woman." You said as if it was nothing.

Their eyes widened.

"That room is now the room of my dad's two year old daughter. That's why I had a little talk with him earlier. I'm sorry that I made it kinda uncomfortable for the two of you, but I just had to talk about it with him." You said.

"Hey, don't apologize, (L/N). It's okay, really." Iwaizumi approached you and patted your head.

"Make sure to always talk to us, if you need anything." He smiled.

Your eyes suddenly got watery again, and you couldn't help but hug Iwaizumi.

"Thank you." You said as you wrapped your arms around his torso.

After that, you showed them around and were back by 9PM.

Luckily you didn't see anyone from your old school.

It was Sunday, so why would there be anyone outside? They were probably getting ready for school tomorrow.

At your dad's house you ate his cooking and talked a little.

Of course you wanted your dad to move on and start a family. Your mom did it too, so where should the problem be?

You were just mad because your dad was feeling like acting like an asshole back in the day.

"The boys can sleep in the guest room. There's a bed and I also prepared a futon, if you don't wanna share a bed. And you can sleep in the other room, baby." He said, choosing his words wisely since he couldn't say 'your room' anymore, but also didn't want to say 'your sister's room'.

"Thank you for the food." You said, stood up and left the kitchen.

You wondered where his wife and the daughter had been this whole day.

You went into the room and checked it again.

You rolled your eyes and laid on your old bed.

Before going to sleep, Iwaizumi and Oikawa came into the room, and you had a little chat about the next day. About how excited your were to meet your old friends and to see their reactions.

The day would finally arrive.

The day you would meet Kuroo again.

As excited as you were, you were also scarred that he would just keep on ignoring you.

Like he had done the past months.

'What will you do, Kuroo?'
__________