epilogue

5 years later

"And with that I'd like to congratulate the class of 2025! We did it!" (a/n i fixed it fuckers, i can indeed do math, with the help of my readers telling me exactly what to do)

We all throw our caps in the air and cheer. Four years of college to get my journalism major, and I'm going to start working at New York Times as a photographer in the fall.

Noah and I have had our ups and downs. We broke up for a couple months in sophomore year because long distance was so hard on us. But we both decided that the other one was worth it. We visited each other as much as possible throughout the years. He graduated from UCSD a couple weeks ago and I'm graduating from Syracuse right now.

I run over to where my mom is standing.

"Is Noah here?" I ask and she just smiles and looks at something over my shoulder.

I turn around and see Noah leaning against my Bronco.

"You brought it here?!" I yell. I left my car at home because I didn't want it to get stolen.

"For you? Hell yes." He says walking over. "Congratulations baby. We did it." He says as he kisses me.

I wrap my arms around his neck and his go around my waist.

"Okay. Okay. I gotta do this before I talk myself out of it." He says and I look at him questioningly.

He pulls away from me, but only far enough so he can kneel down.

My hands fly to my mouth.

"Carter Miller, you've been there for me for 5 years. We've been through a lot of shit and I've spent four long years away from you most of the time. I don't want that to happen again. I want to be by your side for every up and down life throws at us. I love you Carter. Will you make me the happiest man on Earth and Marry me?"

I don't trust my voice right now so I just nod. The tears in my eyes begin to fall as he slips the gorgeous diamond ring onto my hand. He stands up and pulls me into him. He cups my face with his hands and kisses me like there's no where else he'd rather be.

"Carter Eades." He says as he pulls away. "I think it has a nice little ring to it." We're both smiling like idiots and we can barely hear the crowd around us cheering.

It's just me and Noah. His forehead pressed against mine, both of us thinking of our futures. Neither of us knowing what will happen, but knowing it'll be okay as long as we have the other.