chapter 2

Sadvi's pov:

My life is definitely a boring one with no twists at all.

Same cycle occurs everyday..... Waking up...going college.... And sleeping.

Sometimes I feel like having a boyfriend may change my life.... But then I remember my parents.... If my parents got even the slightest doubt that I may have a boyfriend they may stop sending me to college...And also who will agree to be my boyfriend with my looks and personality.

I'm an introvert. I feel anxious when talking to opposite gender.

Even with the girls of my class I have least interaction.

I just feel shy to voice out my opinions. In my college I just speak with my 3 besties other than them I rarely speak to someone else.

Someone people say that I may not be known to many members of my class. But I'm okay with that.... I feel it is better that way. If they came to know me they start mocking me.... Which I hate the most.
In my school days my classmates used to bully me.... And Geetha used to come for my rescue.

She says that I have to stand up for myself. But I feel afraid I can't speak when I'm afraid.

U may feel bored of my pitiful story... But that is my life.

Today we got an announcement that our 2nd year final exams are going to be conducted after one month from this day.

Sigh....
We should start reading form today.

U may think that we are nerds as we are studying MBBS.
But u are utterly wrong.... We just study when exams are nearing.

Already I can listen to the cursing of Geetha and Swapna and groaning of Akhila.

Actually we had planned for going to cinemas this weekend. And next weekend Swapna and Akhila with their boyfriends are going for a double date.

Exams schedule is on.... So it's time to cancel all our plans.

After college I reached my room and settled on bed thinking from which topic I have to start preparing.......

My thought broke by listening to my ringtone. I took my mobile and saw that MOM is displaying.... I sigh.... And took the phone

As soon as I lifted phone I greeted  my mom.... Hello
She said hii
I asked about where abouts of dad and brother
She said "they are all fine"

I informed my mom about my exams and also about our cancelled cinemas plan.

She said"Why are you going to cinemas.... U haven't even asked for permission. U are just a kid u should not go alone. It's good that you plan is cancelled. "in one breath.

I said "Mom sorry... Actually Geetha informed me about the plan morning itself. I thought to inform you now.... But now it is cancelled. I will not plan something like this again"i convinced my mother.

My mother may not say anything about this but my father says strictly a no for roaming with friends.
My family never allows me to even talk to boys......

My friends feel that this is the reason for my introverted nature.... And fear for boys....

Till I started MBBS I was even against relationships..... But after coming here Akhila and Swapna explained that it's not anything wrong.... It's our freedom to be with our loved ones.

I never said anything about my friends relation to my family..... Because they may cause a huge fuss.

They may ask to break my friendship worst comes leaving the college.....

At last my mom agreed"This is the last chance.... Don't go roaming around without permission. You should be in your limits. "

I said "OK mom I won't go any where.... You know mom I will inform you before going anywhere. I will not repeat it. "

Mom said"Your brother got first prize in dance competition. Say congrats.... I will pass the phone"

I got alerted.... And said "Mom u say congrats on my behalf. I should start my preparations for exams.... "

Mom said"ok"
I said "I will call you later mom"

I sighed and kept my mobile on bedside table.

Geetha saw and asked what happened .

I explained all....
She said "why don't you talk to your brother? "

I said "u know Geetha....i hate him"

She said "He is your family saavi. You should not bear any grudges... "

I replied "I'm not bearing any grudges.... It's just I feel like i have no self-respect when I speak to him"

She consoled me by rubbing my back...
I continued "Geetha.... He is my brother I may not care what others said about me....But how can I ignore when my own little brother calls me names. "

Unknowingly tears started falling from my eyes.....
I started rubbing my eyes.
I said "I felt like dying after listening to my brother. And even after all this he still calls me names.... He don't even feel sorry..... I think he didn't even noticed that I have not spoken to him for past 3 months. I think he is feeling superior to me by calling me names"

"I would have forgiven him if he just mocked me for my skin tone and my weight.... "

"he saw me talking with our classmate from school regarding science project of yours as you were absent on that day and next day you have to submit it..... Even that day your partner came and asked about you to me. But Krishna saw that and informed my parents in an exaggerated manner. My father and I may not talk more to each other but he never scolded me... I thought it was his way of showing love. But that day my father for the first time raised his hand on me.... From that day my brother started calling me whore, bitch etc... My mother gives deaf ears to all that..... I feel like they don't even care about me loving is far away"

Geetha kept consoling me...... I slowly drifted into the sleep...... Zzzzzzz