53 ~ Not the End but a new beginning

Rajvardhan POV

"There is Good news and bad news for you" 

I knitted my eyebrows and asked.

"What good news?"

"Well," She said touching my hand and continued.

"Chandramukhi is sent to another Palace of our Empire"

"Abhi did that?" 

I was little off guard as I didn't expect it at all. I never know that Abhi would do that.

"No, She herself asked to leave the Palace."

"Ohh" I didn't know what to say.

"And, there is bad news I think you don't know that." 

"What's that?" I asked.

"Abhi had a miscarriage" 

I knitted my eyebrows a little and then stopped myself from smiling.

"Ohh that's bad," I said really not knowing what to say.

"But, Raj I don't think you should have forced her that much. It's all your mistake." 

"What???????"

"What's my mistake," I asked. 

What the hell was going on?

"Raj, She was expecting and you forced her to have fun. As a mother, I don't think we should have this type of conversation but she is my daughter, and I am not happy with this kind of behavior of yours. You should be considerate of her situation. She lost her baby because of your... you know"

"Wait a moment," I said as I try to figure out what was she trying to say.

"She lost her baby because of me," I asked.

"Oh Come on, I am your mother. You can't talk like this with me." She said moving her gaze from me.

Woww!!! That's great. I know who was behind all this.

"Maa Saheb, I am sorry. I will take care of her very well from now on" I said in an apologetic tone and she looked satisfied.

"I wish, I become a grandmother soon"

I smiled looking at her and asked for her leave as I needed to pay attention to someone else.

I walked towards Gulaab where she, Abhi, and other ladies were having fun, laughing, and dancing.

"Gulaab!" I said looking at her.

"Bhai Saheb!" She called and I sat in front of her. 

"I was missing you Bhai Saheb, I am feeling nervous and you were sleeping," She said as a wide smile appeared on her face looking at me.

"You seems happy, Gulaab," I asked thinning my eyebrows a little.

She inhaled a breath and her face turned a bit serious. She looked at me again and said.

"I don't know Bhai saheb when will I see you all again or whether I will or not. You know, I just want to live these few days wholeheartedly. I want to make some good memories. Please, at least be happy for me." She said with hoarse tone and I nodded weakly.

"I can still stop all this if you want," I said promising her.

"No, It's good for everyone," She said.

I didn't know what to say and took a breath in to relax a bit. I looked around and there were pots of turmeric paste. I took a little of it and gently applied on her cheeks.