☁ 26 ☁

jeno stayed glued on his spot for a few minutes, spinning the white feather between his fingers.

what had just happened?

he was more than happy that jaemin had kissed him, hell, if that meant he was the one jaemin liked, he was more than happy!

but something seemed off.

why had jaemin left crying, apologizing for leaving jeno and renjun?

and why had he those wings glued to his back?

jeno would have noticed them if jaemin had entered the room with them, but it seems like they appeared just after the kiss... what did that mean?

jeno wanted answers, and he would do anything to have them.

at the moment, the best thing to do seemed to be – as much as he hated the idea – going to renjun's and asking him about what happened.

jeno put the feather in his pocket before picking a random hoodie and going to the kitchen.

"ma, i'm sorry, i need to go to renjun's. it's an emergency." he told, putting the hoodie on.

"what? is everything okay?" she asked with concern.

"i... i don't know..."

"do you need me to drive you there?" she asked.

"no, i'll run, don't worry."

"okay. call me if you need anything. be careful jen." she smiled, kissing her son's cheek – because she couldn't reach higher – and watching him dart away in the next seconds.

jeno ran as fast as he could across the badly-lightened streets, stopping a few times to make sure he was on the right path.

ten minutes later, he was knocking on renjun's door, out of breath.

he had to knock three times before renjun opened the door, and when he did, it was not a so beautiful sight to see.

renjun had his eyes all puffy, and his nose red showing that he had spent the last hour crying his heart out.

"what's with everybody crying tonight?" jeno asked unintentionally.

"are you here to piss me off? because if you are just leave me alone." renjun said, sniffling a few times.

"no, sorry..." jeno lowered his head. "i wanted to ask you some things about jaemin..."

and as if this only word could cause a disaster, renjun started sobbing again, falling on his knees.

"hey, renjun." jeno panicked. "come on, stand up."

"no!" renjun yelled. "i'll stay on the floor until i die! no one will care anyway!" he added before going back to sobbing.

as much as jeno and renjun weren't in so good terms at the moment, jeno couldn't help but feel his heart clench at the sight of renjun sobbing on the floor. yes, he cared.

"come here." jeno said, bending over to help renjun standing up again.

"NO!" renjun exclaimed, but it didn't scare jeno off.