Daises (part 2)

Stepping out of the sales department, Kiana made her way towards her desk. As she drew closer, she noticed yet another bouquet of red roses on her desk. Her brows slightly furrowed as she came to a stop.

Nicolas.

The first word that popped up in her mind. The next that followed was a swell of anger, heightened by irritation. Without wasting a moment more, she hastened her pace towards her desk and only stopped when she was in front of it. She stared at the flowers for a moment, then without much hesitation attempted to grab the bouquet roughly off her desk.

"Ouch!" She exclaimed in pain, as she immediately let go of the bouquet and it fell right back to its initial position. Her face squeezed in pain as she took a look at her thumb, which seemed to have been pricked by a needle-like structure. She stared in disbelief as her blood slowly clouded the once dry area of her thumb. Her eyes shifted back to the roses laying on her table as she wondered the possibility of a thorn having pricked her thumb by accident. She drew her face closer to the roses and scanned using her eyes for any sign of the thorn. She only stood straight once more after she caught sight of the few thorns. She also sighted a small card which earlier on, she hadn't taken notice of. Although she felt a little mad at Nicolas for sending flowers even after the incident last night, Kiana went ahead and picked up the card. She would like to understand why he would send her roses with thorns.

The secret you think no one else knows of, I know of it and very soon, the world will find out what you've done, Kiana Stuart.

As she raised her eyes away from the card, her brows slightly furrowed in confusion.

Secret?

She wondered before reading through once more. The information stated nothing about the person who sent these flowers, and reading it the second time, made her realise it sounded a little like a threat. Raising her eyes once more away from the card, panic slowly settled within her. Why would anyone threaten her and which exact secret was this person talking about? What could she have done that no one except herself knows of?

Right that very moment, the answer to the last question flew into her mind.

It can't be.

She argued within as disbelief filled her. Eventually, she lightly shook her head, as if chasing away that very thought. She decided to believe the fact that it could be a prank from someone, but it also didn't make sense for someone to play such a prank. She didn't find it the least bit funny.

...and very soon, the world will find out what you've done, Kiana Stuart!

Unsettlement sank in as she recalled the last sentence. She couldn't help but wonder what this person meant by 'the world would soon find out what she had done?' None of it made sense to her.

Suddenly, she caught sight of Enrico clearly heading her direction, but his eyes hadn't met hers yet and just like he read her mind, their eyes met. Slowly, he drew to stop a few steps away from her table. Forgetting their environment for a moment, they stared at each other. Their silence filled with a lot of unspoken words. The incident from the previous night flashed across their minds and neither could say a word. His eyes scrolled down away from her face and unto the card in her hand before taking notice of the bouquet on her desk. Her gaze followed the exact direction his gaze fell on and then she realised he might have misunderstood once more. Before she could think of what to do or say, Enrico continued on his tracks past her and towards his office. Without sparing her one last glance, he walked right into his office and shut the door afterwards.

Kiana let out a loud sigh as she turned away from the door, her heart breaking once more and the tears feeling like they could come on any time soon.