Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 28. The Drunk Ones

CHAPTER 28

Yoshi's kiss took me by surprise.

Not only because of the fact that I wasn't expecting it, but because the moment his lips touched mine, pleasant and new sensations invaded my body. His kiss is soft and slow, I can feel each touch of our lips in such detail that I press my hands to my sides. He tastes like vodka and something sweet. He sucks on my bottom lip, and then kisses me again, speeding up the kiss a bit. The thinking part of my brain goes down the drain and hormones take the wheel. I allow myself to enjoy this kiss, I am a single girl being kissed by a cute boy, there is nothing wrong with that.

Yoshi takes me by the waist, pulling me closer to him and I wrap my hands around his neck. I never imagined that Yoshi would kiss so well. Our breaths speed up as we heat it up.

Someone clears their throat.

And that's when I remember that we are in front of the house, in full view for everybody. I pull away from Yoshi, without removing my hands from his neck, and turn my head to look at the person who cleared his throat.

Marco.

My heart stops.

Because he's not alone.

Behind him, a few steps away, is Ares, his hands in his jeans' pockets, his eyes on me.

Oh shit.

His face bears an empty and indecipherable countenance. Is he angry? Disappointed? Surprised? Does he just not care? I will never know by his expression because it's cold and stoic.

My hands drop from Yoshi's neck and fall to my sides.

Marco gives me a teasing smile, "You don't stop surprising me."

Ares looks away and starts walking towards us, "Come on, we don't have all night." He says to Marco. His voice is neutral, it reminds me of the first time we spoke.

Ares heads in our direction and passes right next to me like nothing happened. He really doesn't care and why does that hurt so much?

Marco gives me one last smile and follows him. I see them heading to Ares's truck, which is parked on the street, to take out some boxes of what looks like beer.

Yoshi takes my hand, "Earth to Rachel."

I stop looking at the stupid Greek God and focus on my best friend, the boy I just kissed. Shit, what a night!

"I'm sorry, it's just..."

Yoshi just caresses my cheek, "You don't have to apologize, I know how you feel about him, I don't expect you to act like you don't care overnight." He adjusts his glasses, and I can't help the smile that fills my lips. Yoshi is so cute.

"We should go in." I don't want to face Ares again when he comes back with those boxes.

Yoshi nods, his hand playing with mine, "Yeah but first, I want you to know that this is not a one-night thing for me. I really care about you, and I want us to try."

"I care about you too, but I don't want to hurt you."

"I know," he says with a smile, "Let's just try it and if it doesn't work out, we can just be friends but at least we'll know we tried."

"Yoshi, I don't—"

"Just think about it, okay? You don't have to answer now."

I just nod and pull him to follow me, "Okay, now let's go, Casanova."

Yoshi laughs and together, we go inside the house again.

-

I always underestimate the ability of alcohol to get people drunk in a short period of time or that ability to cause people to be more daring and uninhibited about what they want, it is as if it gives them courage.