Chapter 9- One becomes four

Kayla's POV

The only art my Dad ever wants to see is the ones I make in school. Not on a wall but on a canvas. Either way he probably wouldn't notice the work. I stopped showing him a long time ago. When all he ever saw was the bad in my talent.

"Kayla do you know how serious this is? Do you not care?"

I sigh, pulling the paint brush away from the canvas. I was currently in art and we were allowed to do whatever we wanted. But I couldn't seem to concentrate, I couldn't seem to paint anything on the canvas.

Yeah I liked doing art but with a spray can not a brush and as far as my family knows I'm only doing art with a brush.

There was still thirty minutes till class was over. Until it was lunch and the rest of the day would hopefully fly in so I could go back home.

I looked around the class noticing how focused everyone seemed to be on their art piece where mine is still a blank canvas.

"Kayla are you okay? You haven't seemed to started anything." I nearly jump out of my seat from fright. I hadn't noticed my teacher who was standing over my shoulder looking down on the blank canvas.

"I just don't know what to do?" I shrugged.

"Just have fun and let go. Let your hand guide you to utter bliss." Why do art teachers have to make everything weird and deep?

"Okay." I nod as I pick up a thick paint brush. I take a deep breath letting it out. Just let go.

First I dip the thick paint brush in a light blue doing small streaks across the page. Doing the same with a pink,purple,green and yellow until it looks like this colourful abyss of streaks on the page. I pick up a small tip paint brush dipping it in black. I paint a semi circle in the middle of the page. I dip the brush in white drawing an outline of a figure. Adding little touches with a fine line paint brush.

 Adding little touches with a fine line paint brush

****

Before I know it the bell has rang and I'm packing up all my stuff. I leave the canvas to the side so it can dry. It turned out better than expected.

I make my way over to the sink to wash my paint covered hands. Sometimes you get so into it you don't realise how mess it gets.

I grab my bag making my way towards the cafeteria where Gabby said she would meet me in the line. As I get there, I peek my head out to try see if I can spot the blonde headed girl.

Must not be here yet.

I take my money out of my bag counting up how much I have today. Seven dollars.

"Kayla!"

Did someone just call me?

"Kayla!"