22: Are you Ready for it?

•Suhana•

•Suhana•

It's terrifying how fast time flies!

3 days.

3 days flew away like lightning, piling up a storm in my heart!

THE DAY has arrived!

I know this is one of the stupidest decisions I have ever taken, but still it felt good. At Least now, Megha has a second chance.

"You are the most beautiful bride I've ever seen" I swiftly turned around to see dad smiling, standing near the door.

Forcing a smile, I walked towards him and hugged him.

Change. 

A lot of things are going to change today. 

New home. New people to live with. New bonds with new people.

I would never get a chance to stay happy, and dance in the middle of the living room on top of the couch, like a hooligan.

Or eat bowls of ice-cream to suffice my midnight cravings.

"--But something is indeed missing, " Dad added as I withdrew from the hug.

"Huh-what?"

"Your precious smile."

Oh that.

"You are going to be perfectly fine here Suha. Trust me, your Dad always knows the best for you." He smiled and slowly added," Do you know why I didn't object to this marriage?"

"Because you always stand by my decision, " I added with a grin.

"Haha. Well no, this guy whom you are going to marry, he is rude, I know that, but he has a heart of gold"

"He told you that himself?" I sighed.

Of course, what can you expect from him?

Afterall he is a self centered, conceited Narcissist.

"I have seen it myself. I can't go around and get some nincompoop to marry my smart and beautiful daughter. I had personal agents hired to check about him, the day before your engagement. I wanted him to be the perfect match for you.
But fortunately or unfortunately for you, He is someone whom I want my daughter to marry. So I am not going to worry like your mom or sister about this. I know you are going to live like a Queen" Dad kissed my forehead. 

I was almost on the verge of tearing up. Dad had always wanted me to have the best, but how come I didn't even notice dad's love behind this huge decision. 

"Oh my God" Megha gasped in a low voice as she entered the room, gawking at me from top to bottom.

I was getting ready in one of the guest rooms in Vikram's home.