006

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗬

chapter six:
wondering !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA WALKED OUT of the library, her hands on the straps of her backpack as she began making her way down the hallway. Ricky was still with Carlos inside. Both of them were going over the steps one more time so Ricky could go through the routine smoother. Athena, with promises of seeing them later at rehearsal, left the library to go try and practice some piano. However, a voice calling her name behind her made her stop in her tracks. She turned to see Nini approaching her cautiously.

"Um, hey, Nini," Athena greeted, confusion evident in her tone. She definitely didn't expect Nini to talk to her, especially not after she blew up on the girl yesterday.

"Can we talk?" Nini asked.

"Yeah, yeah, of course," Athena agreed. "What's up?"

Nini clasped her hands in front of her nervously. "I just . . . I wanted to apologize. For yesterday. It was completely wrong of me to put your name in my mouth even though the argument was between Ricky and I. What Ricky did was making me so angry that I was in a blind rage. It's kind of been like that since, well . . . you know."

Athena shook her head. "You can't force someone to say I love you, Nini. Those three words can be hard for some people to say, especially him. He's been going through a really tough time these past couple of months. And you know Ricky. When he doesn't know how to process his emotions, he pushes the people closest to him away. Trust me, I've been on that end more than once. You just have to give him time."

Nini sighed. "Yeah, you're completely right. I totally get that."

The two were encaptured in silence for a couple of moments.

"Thank you for apologizing, though," Athena finally said. "And I'm sorry for yelling at you yesterday. I got a little protective."

"No, you don't have to apologize," Nini replied. "I definitely deserved it."

"So . . . we're cool?" Athena asked slowly.

Nini nodded. "Yeah, we're cool. I — uh, I'm actually going to the auditorium right now, you know, if you wanna come."

Athena looked back at the library for a moment before turning to Nini and nodding. "Uh, sure. There's a piano in there, anyways. Maybe we can practice before musical rehearsal later?"