thirtyfour.

"Are you ready to leave?" I whined as I stood in the doorway of Tubbo's hotel room repeatedly knocking on his door.

Our short stay here had finally come to an end, it was time to go back home. I didn't think I would get so attached to this place even after these four years of not visiting, but I kept finding myself reluctant to leave.

However, I had a job and a home in the next city which meant that I could not overstay my visit here.

The gold doorknob finally started to turn as the door to Tubbo's room was pulled open.

"Alright, alright I'm out," Tubbo announced as he moved his luggage out into the hallway.

"Why did you bring a whole luggage? You were only staying one night, you could've just put your stuff in a bag," I quizzed looking at his mini luggage that had a bee design on it. It looked like a kid's luggage that you could buy from the local store.

"It's cute, its a bee, look," He said as he lifted up the small suitcase in front of my face. I smiled and shook my head at his childlike innocence, this 22 year old man seemed to have everything bee related.

We walked out towards the lobby with our luggage to check out. Tubbo was taking out his extra room card from his wallet as I check out of my own room first. Then I helped him to fill out his paperwork since he had trouble reading.

When we finally finished checking out, we got into Tubbo's car that he had driven over to this city. I came by plane as I knew I would've been to tired to drive all the way here after a long days of work.

We got out stuff in the trunk and got into the car before blasting music into the speakers of the car.

Take me to your best friend's house
I loved you then and I love you now
Don't take me tongue tied
Don't wave no goodbye

Tubbo and I screamed the lyrics as he lowered the windows in the car. I leaned my head out of the car to feel the wind blow against my face and hair. I felt so alive, for one more time I felt like I was young and free again. I was paralyzed with happiness.

This trip was much needed for me to get a break from my busy schedule, it helped me let loose from all the stress I had accumulated from my years of nonstop hard work. I was on cloud nine and no one could bring me down.

Soon, we calmed down and started talking about life. Our future plans to be exact.

"I think I'll just go with what life gives me you know? But I do know that I want to get married and have a nice wedding one day," I said looking forward at the road.

"Same, I but don't quite know how to farm a wife though," Tubbo said keeping his eyes on the road as well. I chuckled at his lame Tommy reference.

"How about this, if we're both still single by the time I'm 30, we'll get married to each other," I jokingly said turning to my side to look at Tubbo.

"Sounds like a good plan to me!" Tubbo chuckled.

"We can have a nice bee farm and start a honey business," I said shifting my view back to the road smiling.

"What about Tommy?" Tubbo asked.

"What about him?" I replied.

"He didn't tell you? He's moving in with me in about a month," Tubbo said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

It made sense for them both to move in together, since they literally had a channel that was technically a company together. They should've moved in together earlier but I didn't know what stopped them.

"Oh, so you're moving out of that one room house that you're staying in now?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's why I'm going around to find a place after this," He replied.

"I mean, the house next to mine is out for rent. If you want to go check it out I can ask the landlady for you," I suggested.

"That would be great, I could check it out after dropping you off!" Tubbo said momentarily looking away at the road to smile at me.

We continued to talk during the whole car ride, occasionally stopping to have a karaoke session.

After long hours of driving, we finally reached my house. I unloaded my luggage out of Tubbo's car after he parked his car in the driveway of my house.

"Your house is seriously too big for just one person to live in," Tubbo exclaimed as he walked into my house.

I never moved out of my parents' home, I just couldn't bare to do it. I didn't want to sell this house off to some random stranger that I didn't know. I wanted to keep it and have my future family stay here.

"Well, if you move next to me you could always come over to liven the place up," I said while bringing in the luggage and closing the door behind me.

The house was always in dead silence, it was always so quiet that you could hear a pin drop to the ground and it'd be the loudest thing in the house. Other than my occasional typing on my computer when I worked, I had no reason to make much noise.

"Okay, the kitchen is to your left and the remote controls for the television is in the hand rest just lift it up, make yourself at home," I said as I brought my luggage up to my room.

Tubbo was going to stay here as he waited for the landlady next door to come over to show him around the house.

I unpacked my clothes and went to go take a nice warm shower before heading down stairs to hang out with Tubbo. After washing up, I put on a peel off face mask and headed down stairs.

"Yeah, I'm going to view a house soon. It's right next to Y/N's house, so you guys could be neighbours again," Tubbo said into his phone. He had his phone in his left hand as he went through the YouTube recommendations on my television. I quickly hid back behind the staircase to listen in to what he was going to say next.

"Tommy, Y/N's recommended page is completely filled with all our content. I think we have a big fan on our hands," Tubbo continued with a chuckle.

"Excuse me, I just watched one of your videos and it started recommending these other videos to me," I said quickly coming out behind the staircase with my hands on my hips.

"Oh my gosh Y/N you gave me a fright, you look like a monster with that on," Tubbo said holding onto his chest. I hadn't realised I still had my face mask on. Tubbo slowly held up the camera in my direction.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Showing Tommy what u look like," Tubbo replied smiling.

"My gosh what is that on your face," Tommy said from the phone speaker. They were on FaceTime and Tubbo just showed Tommy my face over the call. My eyes widened as I stood there rooted to the ground.

"Tubbo stop," I whined to him as I tried to grab the phone away.

"Okay okay, say good bye to Tommy," Tubbo said hanging up on Tommy.

Shortly after that, the landlady came by and showed Tubbo around the house. It was as spacious as mine, but it seemed more warm and uplifting. It also happened to be in their budget, so there was really nothing that was stopping Tubbo from renting the place.

A week later, Tubbo fully moved into the place next to mine. He wanted to get everything set up while waiting for Tommy to come over.

Around that time, I started to talk to Tommy more online. Getting closer to my soon to be next door neighbour. I was glad that they were both going to be living next to me. It was going to be so fun having them as neighbours.

I couldn't wait for him to get here.

1401 words