More than just a present (Tom Holland)

Tom's P.O.V

Tom stood outside of the jewellery shop, looking into the window with his hands in his jacket pockets as he waited for Harrison to show up.

"Tom!" As if on cue, he heard his name being yelled. He looked to the side and gave Harrison a smile as his best mate walked towards him.

"You alright?" Tom chuckled as he hugged Harrison.

"Yeah, just wondering why you asked to meet up here specifically." He shrugged. Tom looked at him and tried not to smile as he gestured to the display of rings that the boys were stood looking at. Harrison's eyebrows furrowed and then his eyes widened, making Tom chuckle as his best friend figured out what was happening.

"You're not..." Harrison scoffed.

"This is our fifth Christmas together, Haz. We're in love with each other, so it feels like the right thing to do to finally pop the question." He nodded. Harrison cheered and engulfed Tom into a tight hug, making the boy laugh as he returned the embrace.

"I can't believe that you're going to be engaged!" he laughed.

"Only if I find the right ring, so let's go." He chuckled before opening the door and entering the shop with Harrison.

"I'm back." Tom spoke as he walked into his and Y/N's bedroom. The girl looked over her shoulder and smiled at him.

"Hey, what did you get up to?" she chuckled, her hands folding clothes to then put into the suitcases laid out on the bed as Tom wrapped his arms around her from behind and gently kissed her neck.

"Just some last-minute shopping for Haz." He lied before looking at the bags.

"You packing already? We're not leaving for my parents for three days yet." He chuckled.

"I know that you'd happily leave packing until five minutes before we leave, but you know that I like to be organised." She shrugged.

"True. Thanks for starting, babe, but I'll finish packing my bag." Tom nodded.

"Okay, Tommy." Y/N smiled before leaving the room. Tom watched her, making sure that she was gone before quickly taking the ring box out of his pocket and shoving it into the bag. He buried it underneath the clothes already packed before shoving some more clothes into it to make sure that Y/N wouldn't find it.

Y/N's P.O.V

Tom and I sat on the sofa in his parents' living room, Tom's arms around my waist and my legs over his lap. Since we were spending the holiday with Tom's whole family, we hadn't had a single moment alone in a few days, and so I was savouring it just being us whilst his brothers and parents were in the kitchen.

"I'm so full that I don't think that I'm ever going to be able to eat anything ever again." I groaned, making Tom chuckle and shake his head as he looked at me and gently moved a strand of hair out of my face.

"I bet that you'll be getting leftovers within the hour." He teased.

"Well that's the good thing about Christmas, isn't it? You can do whatever the fuck you want, and no one can say shit." I smiled. Tom laughed and nodded as I cuddled further into him, his arm pulling me closer to him as I rested my head in the crook of his neck.

"I really love you, you know." He mumbled quietly. I looked up at him.

"I know that you do, Tommy. I really love you too." I whispered. He nodded and bit his lip before leaning down and gently pressing our lips together. I returned the kiss, smiling into it as I held his face with my hand. He broke the kiss and gave me another small smile before looking at the Christmas tree. His eyebrows furrowed.

"Wait, what's that?" he mumbled, making me move so that he could stand up and move towards the tree.

"What's what, Tommy? I don't see anything." I stated as he got down on one knee and looked underneath the branches.

"It's one more gift. Must have been forgotten about." He chuckled.

"Oh. Who's it for?" I asked.

"It's for you." He nodded as he looked at me from over his shoulder. My eyebrows furrowed and I stood up to walk towards him.

"Really?" I scoffed.

"Yup." Tom nodded before turning around, but staying down on one knee. I understood why as he held up the black ring box, making my eyes widen as I realised what was happening. I was about to be proposed to.

"Tom, what are you doing?" I gulped as he opened the box to reveal a stunning engagement ring, making my vision increasingly blurred with tears.

"I'm hopefully starting the process of making you my wife." He nodded as tears also welled in his eyes. I laughed and returned the nod as I raised my shaking hands to cover my mouth.

"Y/N, the last five years have been the best in my life, because of you. I can't live without you. And so, Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, will you marry me?" he gulped.

"Yes, Tom, yes, of course." I choked and nodded. He returned the choke as he shot up and immediately hugged me. I returned it, tears rapidly leaving my eyes as I held onto him for dear life.

"Let's see if it fits." He smiled, making me laugh and bite my lip as he took the ring out of the box before gently sliding it onto my finger.

"It's perfect, Tommy." I nodded.

"Just like you." He spoke gently. I bit my lip before taking his face and kissing him, him smiling as he returned it.

"What's happening here?" we broke the kiss and looked to the now-open door to see Tom's parents and brothers looking at us with confused faces. I bit my lip and outstretched my hand, making their eyes widen.

"Oh my god, he just proposed, and you said yes!" Nicki squealed.

"I did." I smiled, laughing as his family immediately cheered and engulfed us in a hug.

Tom and I lay in bed, small smiles on our lips as we just stared at each other and enjoyed each other's company. Tom bit his lip, nothing but love in his eyes as his fingers gently drew patterns on my waist from over the sheets.

"I can't believe that I get to marry you." I whispered and shook my head. Tom smiled and nodded as he leant his hand up and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Neither can I. I've wanted to ask you since the day that I met you, and it finally felt completely right this year. I'm ready for the whole thing, darling. I'm ready to wedding rings on both of our fingers next Christmas, and maybe even a pregnancy bump the Christmas after." He admitted. I bit my lip.

"I'm ready for all of that too, Tommy. And I'm ready for it with you." I whispered. He smiled before gently cupping my cheek and leaning in to kiss me. I returned it, smiling into the kiss and holding his face too. He broke the kiss and moved onto his back so that I could rest my head on his chest and my hand on his stomach as his arm held my waist.

"Merry Christmas, darling." Tom mumbled as he gently kissed my head.

"Merry Christmas, Tommy." I whispered, my heart full of love and bliss as I drifted to sleep, in the arms of my new fiancé.